any boxes saying fibre and plastic opturater£10 reward

Land owners go crazy over nothing.

I really don't understand this obsession some shooters have where they insist on only using plastic. What research that has been done has shown (as far as I recall, and I do remember reading a fair bit on it, over the years) that there is no difference at all in shot performance between fibre and plastic. So if there is no difference, then you're just going on what you 'feel' is right - in which case, stupidity reigns. If you'd ever seen a vet having to operate on a cow to remove an obstruction (which was found to be a plaswad) then maybe you'd change your tune a bit. I've seen it, and it's not particularly pretty.

Or maybe it's just that some people like littering. Either plastic on someone else's land, or throwing rubbish out of the car window, it's all the same.

Maybe they should throw their rubbish out of their house window into the back garden for a few weeks, see what it looks like. Then again, if they're that irresponsible, they probably already do so.

I really don't understand this obsession some shooters have where they insist on only using plastic. What research that has been done has shown (as far as I recall, and I do remember reading a fair bit on it, over the years) that there is no difference at all in shot performance between fibre and plastic. So if there is no difference, then you're just going on what you 'feel' is right - in which case, stupidity reigns. If you'd ever seen a vet having to operate on a cow to remove an obstruction (which was found to be a plaswad) then maybe you'd change your tune a bit. I've seen it, and it's not particularly pretty.

Or maybe it's just that some people like littering. Either plastic on someone else's land, or throwing rubbish out of the car window, it's all the same.

Maybe they should throw their rubbish out of their house window into the back garden for a few weeks, see what it looks like. Then again, if they're that irresponsible, they probably already do so.

Well said fibre for me all the time a ban on plastic wads would make it nearly impossible to ban lead which I understand they are now trying to do for the 2020 olympics:-

The use of lead at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics

A recent Canadian report is urging the International Olympic Committee to

ban the use of lead shotshells for all Olympic shooting and qualification

events worldwide following the 2016 Olympics.

well floating chamber I have 4 boxes of 25 what I have been given to ballisticly test and they don't have the attached labels on and some old trade price lists from express no mention of the opturator there either and to be perfectly truthfull with you and all others reading this this is where the post came from I put it on pigeon watch to draw to peoples attention that clearly they did not know what they were buying and if they went out and started shooting on places that clearly said fibre maybe they could get into trouble well I find that very interesting that yours has it on but not mine and like I said before not a mention on the trade price list they are showing the word special and new we have a complete description of the cart from 21 gram through to 32 gram head size chamber size shot size speeds and fibre on the cart itself but not a dicky bird any where else maybe its to keep the price down to us northerers as they say north and south divide any way while you are on what about those shops in your area for free stock any suggested names yet must be some good lads in your area so theres a bit for you to be looking at catch you later george

Guest cookoff013

its because plastic is cheaper and better performance.

i cant use plastic obturator fibre shells. however if you are in the "inner circle" then its plastic !

well floating chamber I have 4 boxes of 25 what I have been given to ballisticly test and they don't have the attached labels on and some old trade price lists from express no mention of the opturator there either and to be perfectly truthfull with you and all others reading this this is where the post came from I put it on pigeon watch to draw to peoples attention that clearly they did not know what they were buying and if they went out and started shooting on places that clearly said fibre maybe they could get into trouble well I find that very interesting that yours has it on but not mine and like I said before not a mention on the trade price list they are showing the word special and new we have a complete description of the cart from 21 gram through to 32 gram head size chamber size shot size speeds and fibre on the cart itself but not a dicky bird any where else maybe its to keep the price down to us northerers as they say north and south divide any way while you are on what about those shops in your area for free stock any suggested names yet must be some good lads in your area so theres a bit for you to be looking at catch you later george

The boxes appear to be 20 gauge from the colour.

True folks do not know! Take Vauxhall Vivas, they had several window wiper boxes; some Vivas had Lockheed brakes, others had Girling. Some even had Girling on the front and Lockheed on the back. You were NEVER told, you had to find out!

It was a nightmare going back and forth when buying spares.

I had the latter model.

Nowt wrong with Northerners.

I think the majority of 'fibre' shells coming in from the EU have obturators. As I said before, the only way folk KNOW, is by a label on the box, or with a shell that you can SEE through.

Some wad manufacturer, somewhere, must do a biodegradeable obturator that would solve the problem.

I read recently that a soluble PVA. wad was available. Dissolves in 2/3 months.

Oh dear, someone will come back moaning...'what if my shells get wet?'

You can't please everybody......and the more we are anal about cartridges on here, the more ammunition there is for those who would like to see an end to our sport.

For instance, it appears, allegedly, that Marks and Spencer's will not stock grouse this season because some activists do not like the way the birds are killed!

Regards.

FC

Edited by Floating Chamber

so why r express putting it on some cart boxes and not others ? and there price lists neither ? at least not that about 10 people who I know who have showed me now are we going to mysteriously see some price lists with it on ? straight of the press shall we say they are always telling me that they are expensive carts to buy and can I do them any cheaper

I take you advice mr chamber I definatley need to come to the midlands area there is a wealth of info in your area people who used to work at eley offering me no end of advice I must have at least 7 in my fan club not to much transport cost plenty of powder storage plenty of shooting grounds within 1 hour that's def what I need to do any way where r these good gunshops free stock what more do they want???? thanks george

its because plastic is cheaper and better performance.

i cant use plastic obturator fibre shells. however if you are in the "inner circle" then its plastic !

Can you produce 1 piece of proof that has shown plaswads to give 'better performance' ? The cost, I'll agree, plastic is usually cheaper - it varies, but anywhere from £5 to £15 per thousand, so probably averaging 1p per shell difference.

Is it worth spending an extra £1 per hundred shells to NOT be leaving 100 pieces of plastic litter around when you're finished for the day ? Would you just throw your spent cartridges on the floor too ?

Can you produce 1 piece of proof that has shown plaswads to give 'better performance' ? The cost, I'll agree, plastic is usually cheaper - it varies, but anywhere from £5 to £15 per thousand, so probably averaging 1p per shell difference.

Is it worth spending an extra £1 per hundred shells to NOT be leaving 100 pieces of plastic litter around when you're finished for the day ? Would you just throw your spent cartridges on the floor too ?

Along with several kilo's of toxic heavy metal :whistling:

Don't be such a drama queen :rolleyes: