Dangerous dogs and proud

gazbev

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gets me so mad, all this ****, Stafford's are a brilliant breed of dog, they're gentle around my daughter needless to say I'd never trust them 100 %, they are loyal to the end. they are for whatever reason desirable by the " wanna be bad boys " as a status symbol, any man who hides behind a dog is no man at all, a man stands tall and takes what's coming no need for a weapon be it dog/ knife/gun is a man.

it pains me to think that a brilliant breed will be undone by ignorance.

*Edited because its a stupid comment :shaun:

Got to get over the type of dog that bites you creating more or less damage. Your humble placid retriever can bite hard enough to break your arm and do it cleanly! All dogs even toy breeds if they get you in the wrong spot can maim or even kill! I have had about three real proper dog bites in my life and a stack of little ones that were in the main done in error by the dog and can tell you they all hurt and all bleed.

I don't get the staffie hate, always found them a real good breed in general but like most with the word "terrier" in their name they have a red switch and its up to the handler to ensure it never gets pressed. I should hate to go toe to toe with one but give me one over a big mastive or the likes any day

Bad dogs are due to breeding without due respect of temperament, bad training / conditioning and then the actions or lack of this from owner. I might add a little to that and say although its deeply unfashionable now if a dog shows itself of bad temperament it should be PTS, the reason we can keep dogs in our homes today is the fact that our predecessors knew that and acted on it without excuse- it can be undone!

No animal is to be trusted around children. It only takes a pull of the tail of finger in the eye.

?

not really, it just about sums everything up. Lets get a dangerous animal in the house (doesn't matter what breed it is) around my children & then freely admit on a public forum that i don't trust it 100% around said children.

No animal is to be trusted around children. It only takes a pull of the tail of finger in the eye.

As for the paedophile comment, bit wrong really dont you think ?

THE ABOVE IS FOR DANNY12W.

not really, it just about sums everything up. Lets get a dangerous animal in the house (doesn't matter what breed it is) around my children & then freely admit on a public forum that i don't trust it 100% around said children.

Only a fool trusts there dog 100%.

THE ABOVE IS FOR DANNY12W.

Only a fool trusts there dog 100%.

so why get one around children then? and the paedophile comment is to prove a point, you wouldn't bring a paedephile knowingly in your home around your daughter so why do it with a dangerous animal?

so why get one around children then? and the paedophile comment is to prove a point, you wouldn't bring a paedephile knowingly in your home around your daughter so why do it with a dangerous animal?

Why take take kids out in the car.....etc etc etc....pointless argument.

Why take take kids out in the car.....etc etc etc....pointless argument.

Actually no its not.

A parent who takes their kid out in the car & speeds/drives recklessly is endangering their child the same as bringing a animal into the house that can kill/maim the same child.

There are seldom few people I should trust with my kids let alone perverts. I personally have a 15 yr old and a nine year old, only recently have I let the 9yr old have the dog in the house alone, the dog in question has not only a great temperament it gets commented on by all who meet him- its still a risk as she has no chance of winning that fight if it starts. I have as mentioned never seen her poke him in the eye or stand on his tail so its not 100%, just think on to what 100% really means.

Actually no its not.

A parent who takes their kid out in the car & speeds/drives recklessly is endangering their child the same as bringing a animal into the house that can kill/maim the same child.

You take a chance to have an accident everytime you drive, you don't have to drive badly, other people do. There is an element of risk to everything.

You can say the same about cats and pet birds bringing diesases into the house, there is a risk to everything.

You take precautions to everything, like separating pets from direct access to children.

Again pointless.

had a quick read over lunch,

some banter, but is it not a shame to see who qualifies as the biggest typical staffie owner?

it is the stereo type that kills a breed and gets the band wagon rolling and where does it lead?

Simple - a discussion on a programme on channel 5 led to a discussion on banning, discussions on danger, then escalation - lets bring other events into it, child abuse, dangerous driving, really?

All animals can be and are a risk, walking is a risk, driving is a risk, it is up to people to manage the risk.

owners of staffs in my view should be challenging the misconception, owners of any dog should be doing that as well, I have two hounds and we have friends who are so scared on dogs they only come over if I put the dogs out or kennel them whilst they are there, I need to challenge that hysteria, as responsible dog owners we should challenge that hysteria

what we should not do is get on the web and all be it in a jocular fashion compare tattoos, hair styles and beverage persuasion, if you take some of the comments on this board in isolation without context you can see we are doing more harm than channel 5 may or may not do.

what concerns me more with dogs is the level of inbreeding going into them to get the "best", we are seeing snappy labs, snappy cockers etc which I believe is due to the a level of inbreeding to create the perfect hound, end result is damage to the breed, this was well document with the 101 Dalmatians experience a number of years ago with significant rehoming issues as a result of blindness and deafness as the puppy farms churned these out to meet demand.

just my two pence

had a quick read over lunch,

some banter, but is it not a shame to see who qualifies as the biggest typical staffie owner?

it is the stereo type that kills a breed and gets the band wagon rolling and where does it lead?

Simple - a discussion on a programme on channel 5 led to a discussion on banning, discussions on danger, then escalation - lets bring other events into it, child abuse, dangerous driving, really?

All animals can be and are a risk, walking is a risk, driving is a risk, it is up to people to manage the risk.

owners of staffs in my view should be challenging the misconception, owners of any dog should be doing that as well, I have two hounds and we have friends who are so scared on dogs they only come over if I put the dogs out or kennel them whilst they are there, I need to challenge that hysteria, as responsible dog owners we should challenge that hysteria

what we should not do is get on the web and all be it in a jocular fashion compare tattoos, hair styles and beverage persuasion, if you take some of the comments on this board in isolation without context you can see we are doing more harm than channel 5 may or may not do.

what concerns me more with dogs is the level of inbreeding going into them to get the "best", we are seeing snappy labs, snappy cockers etc which I believe is due to the a level of inbreeding to create the perfect hound, end result is damage to the breed, this was well document with the 101 Dalmatians experience a number of years ago with significant rehoming issues as a result of blindness and deafness as the puppy farms churned these out to meet demand.

just my two pence

In breeding don't create dogs of poor temperament, using the wrong dogs does

Trouble is that if a jack Russell runs amok a few cuts and puncture wounds to sort and a bit of scarring or a swift left foot should send it running. When a pit bull or other high bite force fighting dogs run amok people can and do lose their lives. And no way would a quick kick send it on its way.

Figgy

I have experienced one of them pit bull sharks earlier this year while out shooting with my brother in law both had our labs with us on wood roost shooting and a full pitbull came over the ditch came towards my bitch so I spoked it away how ever my brother in laws dog was not so lucky it gave no warning graves her round the neck and face I smashed it in the face and ribs with very thing I had then prised it's jaws open I wanted to kill the thing but the owner pleaded with me not to and paid all the vet fees the only reason I did not shoot it is because the owner laid over the thing but I believe I smashed it ribs those dogs have no place in this world should b destroyed on site I would willingly pull the trigger

Well it would appear that there are some very valid points from both lovers and haters also some jovial ones to boot, however lets look at the bigger picture here.

If you want a dog then be prepared to deal with the consequences if it does go all pete tong.

Any dog no matter its size or breed is capable of killing and causing huge amounts of damage but for those that choose to own a breed that is renowned for its bite rather than its bark show some responsability, I after witnessing a staffy attack another dog for one personally dont like the breed and in all fairness make every effort to avoid anybody walking them off a lead regardless of how friendly they are. I have on numerous occassions had to deal with so called friendly dogs (not all Staffies) and have had no issue with protecting my own only to be confronted by the owner saying it was so out of character. My answer to that was so if I ran across the field and punched you in the face for no reason would I be forgiven as its not in my character????

A dog soon becomes a very close member of the family and regardless of what they have done the owner will protect them as Bulldog has already mentioned.

So what is the answer?

Education is my guess, people should have to show some sort of responsability before owning a dog after all it is a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands just like a car, or a gun which both require a license one way or another, and if you breach the conditions of that license then be prepared to lose it and the right to own another dog this includes tattoo'd chavs all the way to Granny Maude with her snappy handbag lodger.

Most of us on this forum are responsable adults and also blind sided by the media just face facts never trust any dog regardless of breed or size!!

Brad (owner of the sweetest, softest, loveable, child minding cocker spaniel that wouldnt hurt a fly) :whistling:

I had the misfortune to watch this sorry load of trash the other night.

For those of you considering a relationship (albeit purely carnal) with the delightful young lady featured, frankly I am astonished and I suggest you raise your sights somewhat. Frankly I would rather **** Angela Merkel.

The boys training their dogs to attack only have one brain cell between them (which they share) and would make perfect candidates for post natal abortion. I would happily pull the trigger.

It was just an excellent example of why these ill educated pieces of trash should not be allowed any kind of dog, let alone ones truly capable of killing.

I am in full agreement with the guy above- Bull Dog, and would be only too happy to vent an aggressive pit pull with 50 gramms of no.1 shot. As you rightly say, its near impossible to part a clamped on bulldogs jaws- in the programme the brainless in bred idiots actually choked the dog to get it to release. Please, take him soon lord........

As I have said earlier, it will take a few more kids faces to be ripped off, and a few more dead babies for anyone to take notice.

As for the sympathetic copper in the film who allowed dopey ******** to keep her deadly dogs- that she clearly had no chance of controlling, I just think 'shame on you'. I for one would have expected him to know better? I wonder if he will still be cheerily tickling it under the chin when it has throttled one of his workmates dispatched to remove the Canabis plants from her basement?

I watch this ****, and these **** people with increasing alarm and dispair. frankly I think we are all ****ed.

There is nothing pleasant in their lives and they live like feral animals. I think we should treat them like the vermin that they are........

Anyway, dont forget the bible reading and prayers later this evening........

God Bless.

I had the misfortune to watch this sorry load of trash the other night.

For those of you considering a relationship (albeit purely carnal) with the delightful young lady featured, frankly I am astonished and I suggest you raise your sights somewhat. Frankly I would rather **** Angela Merkel.

The boys training their dogs to attack only have one brain cell between them (which they share) and would make perfect candidates for post natal abortion. I would happily pull the trigger.

It was just an excellent example of why these ill educated pieces of trash should not be allowed any kind of dog, let alone ones truly capable of killing.

I am in full agreement with the guy above- Bull Dog, and would be only too happy to vent an aggressive pit pull with 50 gramms of no.1 shot. As you rightly say, its near impossible to part a clamped on bulldogs jaws- in the programme the brainless in bred idiots actually choked the dog to get it to release. Please, take him soon lord........

As I have said earlier, it will take a few more kids faces to be ripped off, and a few more dead babies for anyone to take notice.

As for the sympathetic copper in the film who allowed dopey ******** to keep her deadly dogs- that she clearly had no chance of controlling, I just think 'shame on you'. I for one would have expected him to know better? I wonder if he will still be cheerily tickling it under the chin when it has throttled one of his workmates dispatched to remove the Canabis plants from her basement?

I watch this ****, and these **** people with increasing alarm and dispair. frankly I think we are all ******.

There is nothing pleasant in their lives and they live like feral animals. I think we should treat them like the vermin that they are........

Anyway, dont forget the bible reading and prayers later this evening........

God Bless.

well said that man I for one fear for my grandchildren in this lawless Britain we all call home