Beretta A302 cycling- suitable ammunition.

chacotawas

I've recently acquired a Beretta A302. semi-auto, 2 3/4" chamber. I've a stack of cartridges I bought for a side-by-side which I no longer have, and I wonder if they'd be likely to cycle well in the Beretta. They're Lyalvale Express Pigeon Special , 2 1/2" 30gms size 6 shot. It's the 2 1/2" length I'm concerned about. I could just try them and see, of course, but I'm not keen on finding myself with a jam, new as I am to semi-autos. Can anybody with experience and/or knowledge of this gun advise, please?

I've had a 303 for many years now and have never found it to be cartridge sensitive, though I don't use below 28g. However, last week I was clay shooting and had a number of cycling problems with 28g Hull Comp X. I swapped the cartridges for some Velocity 28g and the gun cycled perfectly thereafter.

First time in a long time of ownership that I've had any problems. Mine will fire 2 1/2" cases with no problems.

Ian

Even if it will not cycle 2 1/2 inch (which I am sure it will ) if you have old stock to use up just load 1 in the chamber and one in the tube until you have used them up

Jams with short cartridges are caused by two shells trying to come out of the magazine tube at the same time.

Seems it should be Ok but Shaun's experience with express 2 1/2" is cause for concern. I'll just have to try them and see. I'll take fenboy's valuable advice if it goes pear-shaped.

Once again, many thanks for your generous help- much appreciated.