Possible Changes in Powder sales.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Express are putting fliers out on email to all account holders offering powder in 500 g tins .When asked about a 20 kg barrel from an account holder who spends £30,000 per month with them ,he was told no it's only available in 500g tins and they would not supply 20kg barrel even though the RFD who was asking has a trading standards explosive licence

Deershooter

so much for rumors now chaps see deershooter post 58 so are we geordies daft now ? well your wallets will do the talking !!!

Express are putting fliers out on email to all account holders offering powder in 500 g tins .When asked about a 20 kg barrel from an account holder who spends £30,000 per month with them ,he was told no it's only available in 500g tins and they would not supply 20kg barrel even though the RFD who was asking has a trading standards explosive licence

Deershooter

Why are folkestone engineering and clay and game not commenting on this either on the forum or via their websites?

Is this just not george raising the advertising on his powder

Also I think you will find the trading standards issue retail shops with explosive licences for fireworks and small arms ammo

It is the police and HSE that issue storage licences for smokeless powder so deershooter it is possible your RFD does not

have a licence to store smokeless powder ask them what licence they have.

so much for rumors now chaps see deershooter post 58 so are we geordies daft now ? well your wallets will do the talking !!!

It is all rumours until either express comment directly on this forum or a written statement from them is published on the forum

George you are loving this because you are suggesting you will be the only supplier able to offer powder in this way

But life is not that simple competitors will always be there.

Edited by rbrowning2

The price of Vectan As powder in a 20KG tub is £23 plus vat per KG.

The price of the same powder in a 500g tub is .......... £23 plus vat

Why would express want to sell 20KG tubs out????? It is simple maths. All the powder suppliers could compete with £30 a KG for powder but they simply do not want to supply homeloaders because they are in business to make money and sell cartridges and not components. It is cheaper for me to buy my wads from Italy than to fetch them from Express....

no you are wrong again I am looking for another importer so we can share the costs on importing over the water in containers so instead of George making the big pull out for 16 ton I am looking to share with someone or 3 ways or how many want to join in so whats it like to be wrong yet again maybe your mind reading does not work to good after 9 pm

Why would express want to sell 20KG tubs out? ???? It is simple maths. All the powder suppliers could compete with £30 a KG for powder but they simply do not want to supply homeloaders because they are in business to make money and sell cartridges and not components. It is cheaper for me to buy my wads from Italy than to fetch them from Express....

so I am cheap at 30pounds a kilo direct to end user lets be straight graham profit is profit no mater where it comes from a bit here a bit there it all adds up maybe you have heard this before how much does your milkman take off you per day but but hes there 6 days I was asking in previous post about other people selling powder from drums this was so I could contact them for some groupage and share costs that's all if you cannot understand me like the others let me know thank you george

Why would express want to sell 20KG tubs out????? It is simple maths. All the powder suppliers could compete with £30 a KG for powder but they simply do not want to supply homeloaders because they are in business to make money and sell cartridges and not components. It is cheaper for me to buy my wads from Italy than to fetch them from Express....

All business are in business to make money the alternative is they close down and then yes you can buy your wads from Italy but they are not a lot of use without powder at a sensible price. I do think you are being negative publishing trade prices on an open forum

So it looks like a retailed makes about £10 per kg but does not take into account the operating costs of the business like RFD licence, explosive store licence, transport cost of getting the powder, then general business costs like insurance, business rates etc etc and then after that they have to live.

Or should they all be unemployed living of the state or on disabled living due to stress or unproven back pain etc etc.

Personally I am glad I have somebody not to far away who is happy to do battle with all the above and sell me a few kg of powder when I need it.

Edited by rbrowning2

so I am cheap at 30pounds a kilo direct to end user lets be straight graham profit is profit no mater where it comes from a bit here a bit there it all adds up maybe you have heard this before how much does your milkman take off you per day but but hes there 6 days I was asking in previous post about other people selling powder from drums this was so I could contact them for some groupage and share costs that's all if you cannot understand me like the others let me know thank you george

Hate to be the bearer of bad new gorge but the milk man lost his job when the supermarket offered cheap milk

oooh mr browning is starting on you now graham I am pleased about that I thought it was just me times move the world is so small I used to do Tokyo japan and back in 37 hours and still get out on a Saturday night to shoot a few pigeons yes straight from the airport the missus brought the shotgun to the air port oh no shoulnt have said that Thursday leave Friday arrive buy cars back Saturday and that was 12 years ago the grown ups get the kids to get on the net and find things cheaper poss somebody from shed in garden but half price

no you are wrong again I am looking for another importer so we can share the costs on importing over the water in containers so instead of George making the big pull out for 16 ton I am looking to share with someone or 3 ways or how many want to join in so whats it like to be wrong yet again maybe your mind reading does not work to good after 9 pm

You will be very lucky to find any takers on this forum we are end users of the product cartridges to go pigeon shooting not manufactures so have no need or facilities store tons of powder.

Some of your posts are resulting in commercially sensitive information being published on an open forum which may I would suggest not be helpful to you or others trying to make a living in the industry. For example it is not difficult to look back at your posts and calculate the cost price of your cartridges - is it professional to try and sell a product at £210 when the customer know what they are costing you. I can think of no other industry that would freely offer up this information on such a forum.

Edited by rbrowning2

You will be very lucky to find any takers on this forum we are end users of the product cartridges to go pigeon shooting not manufactures so have no need or facilities store tons of powder.

Some of your posts are resulting in commercially sensitive information being published on an open forum which may I would suggest not be helpful to you or others trying to make a living in the industry. For example it is not difficult to look back at your posts and calculate the cost price of your cartridges - is it professional to try and sell a product at £210 when the customer know what they are costing you. I can think of no other industry that would freely offer up this information on such a forum.

its easy I will not brag and tell you what I have made over the years in terms of friends or money have you seen the advert on telly about aldi and I think Tesco where they say some thing like half price to maybe 30 million people on aldis goods I have 2 firework people throwing in with me already for powder I think if you let people know what you r making and say to them I am making such and such they respect your honesty and then they have 2 choices take it or leave it easy do you understand???

Why are folkestone engineering and clay and game not commenting on this either on the forum or via their websites?

Is this just not george raising the advertising on his powder

Also I think you will find the trading standards issue retail shops with explosive licences for fireworks and small arms ammo

It is the police and HSE that issue storage licences for smokeless powder so deershooter it is possible your RFD does not

have a licence to store smokeless powder ask them what licence they have.

Consumer Complaint

Registration And Licence Summary

Any person planning to keep explosives such as fireworks, safety cartridges or vehicle airbag detonators is required by law to have a current registration or licence.

The Manufacture and Storage of Explosives Regulations 2005 control the storage of explosives. The regulations refer to the net explosive mass (NM) rather than gross weight. That is, the actual weight of the explosives without the weight of packaging.

Amounts that don't need to be registered

If you store less than 5kg of explosives that don't require an explosives certificate or less than 15kg of small arms ammunition, then you don't need to be registered or licensed. Certain exemptions apply to the short term storage of fireworks, please contact us for more information.

Storing between 5kg and 250kg

If you wish to store between 5kg and 250kg (NM) you require an explosive registration certificate.

Storing over 250kg

If you wish to keep between 250kg and 2,000kg (NM) you require an explosive storage licence.

Supply and Storage of Fireworks

You will also need to apply for a fireworks licence if you intend to supply or expose for supply fireworks other than during the following periods:

on the first day of the Chinese New Year and the three days immediately preceding it;

on the day of Diwali and the three days immediately preceding it;

during the period beginning on 15 October and ending on 10 November; or

during the period beginning on 26 December and ending on 31 December.

If you need to apply for a fireworks licence please see our Fireworks Licence information page.

|Top|

Regulation Summary

A copy of the relevant legislation can be found at this external website.

|Top|

Application Process

All registrations are renewable annually and are not transferable from one person to another. The current fees for registration and renewal of registration are:

£105.00 for one year for a new registration certificate (up to 250kg NM)

£52.00 for one year for a renewal of registration certificate (up to 250kg NM)

£178.00 for one year for a new storage licence (up to 2,000kg NM)

£83.00 for one year for a renewal of storage licence (up to 2,000kg NM)

Applications are subject to a 28 day consultation period.

2000kg that's 2 ton of powder don't tell me that I am wrong when I am not this licence is available either

from the police or trading standards I know this because I used to have one until the amount you could hold went up

Mr rbrowning 2 you seem that concerned perhaps you are the competition do you work for another cartridge manufacturer ?

Please enlighten us

Deershooter awaits your comments

Oh by the way the RFD explosives licence is on the wall in the clubhouse

Myself I still have a private explosive licence issued by Lincolnshire police along with a RCA document issued by the HSE as my explosive licence was issued before 2012

Very strange that you have posted nothing else other than on this this subject mr r browning 2 not even a hello welcome to pigeon watch

Deershooter

oh no mr browning I am very sorry to have to tell you that you are wrong again that's 4 times in one hour and spelling mistakes but don't worry all is forgiven we are from the north not posh and we don't hold grudges so please read lines 9 and 10 on deershooters very good discription and you will see that deershooter was right so that's me George from proper cartridges then we have gorge don't know he is from maybe has brother called chedder chedder gorge get it?? then we have deershooter from grantham then roughshooter you have upset him as well how about we start a new thread how many friends has mr browning left . Are you a spy for another cart company??? don't worry its all forgiven

Hate to be the bearer of bad new gorge but the milk man lost his job when the supermarket offered cheap milk

No they didn't he still delivers around here but it's 89p per pint when the supermarket is £1 for 4 pints but that's still good when you have no legs and are recovering from an amputation but you go back to the supermarket when you can

Deershooter

it depends on whos buying from me the micky takers will have to see what I have left for both rifle and shotgun at £30 inc vat and per kilo I am giving it away

it depends on whos buying from me the micky takers will have to see what I have left for both rifle and shotgun at £30 inc vat and per kilo I am giving it away

can any of you good chaps tell me who please imports direct powder other than another cart manufacturer and dishes it up from a barrel like me not buys it here but imports direct thanks george

******* hell we get the point you are selling powder.....i tryed to read all of that but gave up after reading the same drivvel time and time again.

Deershooter I did say I think re explosive licence ie I was not 100% certain about the trading standard licence. But I still think a trading standards licence is for fireworks and ammo for retail sales which is all classified as 1.4 something not 1.3c which is why a police or HSE licence applies to smokeless powder. Which again was why I asked you to check what licence your RFD had just to be certain.

The post was not a criticism.

Yep 89p a pint vs £1 for 4 points so we have no milk men around these parts support them or lose them guess just like any other business.

No spy.

George if deershooter is right and I am wrong then you have a trading standards licence not a police licence? But I bet you £10 you have a police licence.? [very remote chance of it being an HSE licence]

Edited by rbrowning2

its easy I will not brag and tell you what I have made over the years in terms of friends or money have you seen the advert on telly about aldi and I think Tesco where they say some thing like half price to maybe 30 million people on aldis goods I have 2 firework people throwing in with me already for powder I think if you let people know what you r making and say to them I am making such and such they respect your honesty and then they have 2 choices take it or leave it easy do you understand???

We'll I will leave it, mr I am not greedy [.com] when you are making by my calculations from reading your post [not easy] £700 per hour

Yet York guns in the back of the current cpsa pull magazine say they sell cartridges as a lost leader.

So why not make still a respectable £120 per hour and let the retailer make a reasonable profit and the shooter enjoy cheaper cartridges?

Edited by rbrowning2