tomtom updates

colin lad

I've had good success with Waze on my phone, its free, community driven, brilliant traffic features and it just works.

It might not be great in areas with limited signal though as it needs a mobile network to plan the route but after that it's much less dependant on signal.

thanks all only asking as my tom tom is one of the original unit's and don't have any new roads on,

my honda crv has a built in sat nav but as the car is 03 plate that too is old and the updates for that are £130+

as daystate has said a new one from halfords at £80 with life time updates may be the way to go

colin

edit to say thanks aris will take a look

Edited by colin lad

thanks all only asking as my tom tom is one of the original unit's and don't have any new roads on,

as daystate has said a new one from halfords at £80 with life time updates may be the way to go

That's the way I went except I bought it online rather than from the H shop and saved yet more.

I gave up updating my TomTom for UK use a couple of years ago after they charged me £60 or so to buy all the last lot of maps. My Tom Tom is Europe wide one. I keep that for European driving, not updated as I only really use major roads, and use google maps on phone in UK.