laser clay pigeon

death from below

I'm off to a wedding in ireland in a couple of weeks.......one of the atractions laid on is something called laser clay pigeon shooting.....touted as environmentally friendly and safe 'casue there are no rea lcartridges fired......in for a penny, in for a pound.....has anyone done any of this laser stuff before.....i was told it was a proper bit of clay shooting......should be an experience anyway.

DFB

:)

Last tiem I did it I cleared the little set up. My Dad did as well. :):no: This was before we had shotguns and I was just pointing in the rough direction as if I was shooting it with one of my air rifles and even if you are a long way off the actual target the clay is 'hit'.

Like has been previously said you are dealing with the speed of light not lead but they are very openly choked anyway so beginners see a rate of sucess.

FM B)

Last tiem I did it I cleared the little set up. My Dad did as well. :good::good: This was before we had shotguns and I was just pointing in the rough direction as if I was shooting it with one of my air rifles and even if you are a long way off the actual target the clay is 'hit'.

Like has been previously said you are dealing with the speed of light not lead but they are very openly choked anyway so beginners see a rate of sucess.

FM :yes:

the guy running the one i did said he could alter the "spread" of the beam from one inch to ten feet :good::good:

Lets face it, no real guns = no real harm. Bloke isn't going to turn up and let 20 stags miss every clay and then call them **** shots, is he?

I wager you will all be expert marksmen by the end of the night.

Try pointing the gun the other way and see if the "clay" breaks :good:

• 2 weeks later...

ive done it before, nothin like the real thing, even a really fast target you dont need to give it any lead...**** if you ask me, i was beaten by a 10 year old who sits at home playing pc games all day (shooting AT the *******)...somethin up there, i then went and won the real clay competition by with a 25/25 on the skeet hehe :unsure:

I did this two years ago on a work's "Team building Day". The guy running it asked if anybody had shot clays for real, so I put my hand up. Straight away he said "You'll probably be the worst shot then....", he wasn't far wrong. In my group I came 4th ex 5, due to the fact that I kept giving lead, when I should have just pointed the gun at the clay and tracked it :lol:

SS :(

I'm off to a wedding in ireland in a couple of weeks.......one of the atractions laid on is something called laser clay pigeon shooting.....touted as environmentally friendly and safe 'casue there are no rea lcartridges fired......in for a penny, in for a pound.....has anyone done any of this laser stuff before.....i was told it was a proper bit of clay shooting......should be an experience anyway.

DFB

:(

Yes, A friend ran one for social events that didnt allow the real thing, the trick is to shoot as you would for a rifle, no lead at all or you will not connect with the clay which reflects the beam back to the gun, it literally travels at the speed of light, faster than a shotgun load. Good luck. :lol: D2D