rifle scopes

snow white

S+Bender uses the same Glass as Meopta but somewhat better internals. Just a fixed 6 or 8 mag is all you need for most hunting and vermin shooting unless you into LR varminting. The nice thing about S+Bender is they never seem to suffer zero loss no matter how you mistreat them. They are overpriced these days I feel but £400+ should still find you a nice SH Hungrarian model

I have a Schmidt & Bender 6X42 on my .17HMR, and a Meopta Meopro 6-18X50 on my .223. Both are between the £400-£500 mark, and are both lovely scopes. The Meopta has more bells and whistles, ie. side focus and zoom, but in terms of optics, I find them to be very equal. Both seem to eat light, and give a nice, clear view when the light begins to fade.

Schmidt & Bender are more established, only make riflescopes, and are used by our armed forces, so they're quality you can rely on. Meopta are less well-known, so you can get that bit more for the same money, but both are quality choices.

Answer to two questions friend as a zeiss on his 243 and i do not get on with simple as that outher answer is i want to put a good scope on 22lr

That's quite interesting as not long ago everyone was wanting a zeiss, now they are regularly in the sales section as ' almost new'. I have Burris, zeiss conquest, Nikon and leupold and they are all pretty good but as for gathering light the leupold is in front. I would go for Leupold which you will pick up within your budget. Leupold have a life time warrantee regardless of being second hand or not,even if the scope has no paper work.

Just noticed your using it on your 22lr, I have a WTC 4x10 x44 on my 22lr, been on there for years without a problem and very rarely needs zeroing, worth looking out for one and they are under a £100.

Edited by Redgum

My 6x42 4a? S+Bender reticule covers about 1/4"- 3/8" at 100 yard? never had an issue in seeing a rabbits head or locating the correct bit on it, putting two bullets in the same hole at 50 yards is trickier as its effectively cover over job but that's just play anyhow. seeing the reticule clearly is the most important factor hunting many times using fine reticules I have lost the aim point (found this a fair amount with Leupolds ) and I am not personally a big fan of the illuminated reticule generally. One old scope I had years ago had the big thick pointy post reticule and it was great lamping and on running shots, you just don't see them now a shame really as they are handy outside of punching holes in paper

I agree with both Fister and Kent if target shooting a fine reticle does help get bullet on bullet, I love my pm2, it just so familiar to me.

But rabbiting yes the heavy reticle does hide the head but not to the extent I can find it I never get fade out on the cross hair.

I also like the Germany no1 reticle unfortunately it does all come down to personal tastes for you uses, I for one love seeing all the new option and trying Fister your luckier than most in than respect.