Dealers License

Scully

Took a gun to an old boy who does my woodwork. He mentioned losing his dealers (?) license due to the fact that all transactions etc have to now be done on computer. Is this right? Seems a shame if true. He is 80+ and says he is too old to become computer literate.

Yep all RFDs have to go computerised, (EU controls on firearms) but if he only does wood and has an SGC he can still do the wood just has to tell you take the rest of the SGC home. More difficult with rifles though

Edited by HDAV

Hey a man has to retire at some age, perhaps its just the handy excuse he needs and I cant say I blame him at that age

I can't either, but he doesn't want to retire, he loves the job. He still picks up on a local shoot also.

Yep all RFDs have to go computerised, (EU controls on firearms) but if he only does wood and has an SGC he can still do the wood just has to tell you take the rest of the SGC home. More difficult with rifles though

I think this is what he is pondering as he told me to take the barrels home. He doesn't even need the complete gun anyhow to continue doing the woodwork, and like you say, if he has SGC he should be ok so long as he sticks to shotguns only.....I think. :)

Tricky one to be honest the action is no use without barrels unlike section 1 the components aren't controlled iirc just a bit of bent or machines metal... He would probably need to run it by FLO but certainly no issue with him having the wood or or forend with iron AFAIK, not sure how it works with "out workers " if they need an RFD as well, after all RFD staff don't

Tricky one to be honest the action is no use without barrels unlike section 1 the components aren't controlled iirc just a bit of bent or machines metal... He would probably need to run it by FLO but certainly no issue with him having the wood or or forend with iron AFAIK, not sure how it works with "out workers " if they need an RFD as well, after all RFD staff don't

That's a good point about RFD staff. Hadn't thought of that. Ta very much.