Hull imperial game 26g

Evening all just been thinking about the above mentioned as a Christmas present for my son and I was wondering if they are a soft/smooth 12g cartridge? He will be using the 12g for wildfowling but I am considering getting some of these 26g for our pheasant shoot as he wouldn't be firing many of them, cheers.

Thanks for the replies, your right JDog they do seem rather expensive considering the payload! I see your point figgy but he's only 9, he will still be using his 28 bore for clays and game but just thought if he wanted to use the 12 then it would be nice to have a softer shell for him to use.

Thanks chaps for the advice, it was just an idea as his 28 bore has 65mm chambers and there was no factory made non toxic so one of my dads employees had an old s/s 12 bore with a short stock for him to use bismuth with. 2 ducks for 2 shots can't be bad ;)

Cheers chaps it was just an idea when he starts to use the 12 more due to his age I was looking for a softer shell to use, he still has a load of 28 bore cartridges to use first. It's funny though he beat me on one stand at grimsthorpe using my own 12 bore!

If you want a very soft shell, go for the Hull Comp-X 21gram - hardly an recoil at all.

Agreed, I also find the 28gram version just as soft and would think they would be ok for closer range pheasants but looks like the lucky boy will be using my dads new 20 bore

Cheers chaps it was just an idea when he starts to use the 12 more due to his age I was looking for a softer shell to use, he still has a load of 28 bore cartridges to use first. It's funny though he beat me on one stand at grimsthorpe using my own 12 bore!

Taught properly kids soon out shoot their parents usually, no bad habits.

A