Semi Auto Missfeeds

TheEnforcer

Ive got a semi auto. 2+1

Following usual loading routine of 1st one into the chamber, bolt release and 2nd into the tube, it keeps spitting the 2nd one out of the tube and onto the lifting plate therefore preventing me from loading a 3rd into the tube.

What should I look for here as a culprit?

Thanks,

Try loading the magazine only (close the bolt on an empty chamber) and see if it does it then aswell. If it does its the magazine stop latch, if not its something else. Does you Hatsan have the button you have to press to load a cartridge or is it the newer version the the lever in the lifting plate?

Its a Fabarm Ellegi.

I've cleaned out the action and it's caused when you have placed the cartridge into the magazine and you remove your finger from the lifting plate, as the plate lowers it allows the last loaded cartridge to come out of the magazine. Cartridge latch isn't worn or rounded.

If you keep the plate depressed in between cartridges you can load 2 perfectly, but again, once compete you hear it snap shut and the last cartridge is partially ejected from the tube and rests under the bolt.

Is this a new gun for you ?

Has it got a quick load system like the browning maxus , on that you just put the first cartridge in the magazine and it shoots it straight out and loads it , you then put two in the magazine

Depressing the lifting plate ( carrier ) really should have no effect as that and the latch are not connected.

What happens if you do not drop one in the chamber first , just load the first cartridge in the magazine ?

Edited by fenboy

I can feel a YouTube video being made so that I can show you rather than try and explain!

The gun is new to me and I dont really know what a quick load system is.

I will try and load straight into the magazine without one in the chamber.

Looking closely at the working parts on the lifting plate / shell carrier it seems to be manufactured so that once you have finished loading it part ejects the last loaded cartridge for it to rest under the bolt. This would seem to be a viable system whereby the next cartridge in line is closer to the chamber for quicker loading, but would prevent you from loading any more cartridges until the magazine is completely empty.

I can feel a YouTube video being made so that I can show you rather than try and explain!

The gun is new to me and I dont really know what a quick load system is.

I will try and load straight into the magazine without one in the chamber.

Looking closely at the working parts on the lifting plate / shell carrier it seems to be manufactured so that once you have finished loading it part ejects the last loaded cartridge for it to rest under the bolt. This would seem to be a viable system whereby the next cartridge in line is closer to the chamber for quicker loading, but would prevent you from loading any more cartridges until the magazine is completely empty.

It's a new gun to me. It's about 25yrs old.

Yes it did do it before I stripped it.

I tried it on an empty chamber and it did the same thing.

It's a new gun to me. It's about 25yrs old.

Yes it did do it before I stripped it.

I tried it on an empty chamber and it did the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...