Woodcock

Cookie69

Be aware of where your neighbors are and where it is safe to shoot as they are not known for flying high :no:

1/4 1/2 choke with 6's will be fine :good:

Thats the best advice anyone could give with regards to woodcock. Wonderful bird and good eating too. Stay safe and enjoy :good:

ATB,

Pat

Probably the best sporting bird out there to put your reflexes to the test,as other have said though usually stay low when the its take flight so be aware of other guns & be aware if they are shooting safe as well.I Either go after woodcock on my own or only shoot with others I know and trust,you need to be aware of each other's positions at all times.Its good to have a action plans and a safety briefing before you start.

Probably the best sporting bird out there to put your reflexes to the test,as other have said though usually stay low when the its take flight so be aware of other guns & be aware if they are shooting safe as well.I Either go after woodcock on my own or only shoot with others I know and trust,you need to be aware of each other's positions at all times.Its good to have a action plans and a safety briefing before you start.

I would say that snipe are more sporting than woodcock in my opinion , they certainly test your reflexes ........very quick , up and away...

Good you enjoyed your day,perfect terrain and the snipes not to be sniffed at well done

Thanks Davyo

The terrain has certainly took it out on my legs

My neck hurts :lol:

Well done on the snipe ,great looking dogs to :yes:

Thanks for the follow up post :good:

Thanks magman

The black one is my mates he is a Jem

The liver on is mine and he is coming along nicely, although he ran in on a squirrel that my mate shot.

I don't think he will do it again? He got a nip on the nose for his troubles then it latched onto my mates dogs ear before

It was dispatched.

You might want some deep heat for your neck (-:

Paul

Nice one mate sounds like a really good day snipe are really testing shot well done you I am struggling to hit a elephants **** with a banjo at the min

Cookie looks like he's coming on really well he's a credit to you

Cheers Mike

Glad you didn't post a picture of that puppy again, my will power was getting tested (-:

• 1 month later...