Winchester Grand European

Scully

Looking for another of the above if anyone is considering selling one. Mate shoots very very well with mine and often wants me to swap with his on shoot days. It's not a real problem as I used to own his gun (also a 101) and shoot equally well with it, but it's time he had his own. There are one or two about but priced over a grand and he doesn't want to pay that much. I did consider buying one for myself and selling him mine, and have found a cased example on GT but is overpriced and has no POW stock, which is a must.

Tried to persuade him to buy a Super Grade I found on GT, complete with POW stock, but he wants a Grand European. Anyone?

Worth considering a Parker Hale 800 series - Winchester Grand European by another name.

I hadn't considered PH to be honest, although did find a Classic Doubles a while ago but it was nothing special. Will have a look for a 800. Thanks.

I hear MGR guns have one Woodhall Spa am hoping to go in tomorrow will find out. What you need is a mint 7000 game. Be in touch

Thankyou.

Have you seen this

Yes, I did see that the other night, but it's a Trap model. Thanks for the heads up anyhow.

If you can buy a Grand Euro for less than £1500 it won't be very good. I have had several of these guns and have never managed to pay less than about £1100 and that was a few years back

I can agree up to a point. They're holding their money I must admit. Have seen a beautiful example, cased, for £1600, but couldn't afford it at the time, and there are two very nice examples on Gunstar for just under £1500, both with nicer wood than the cased one on Guntrader which is priced at over £1600. I was very fortunate to find the one I bought in August, priced at £785, but someone had oiled the wood with mineral based oil rather than vegetable based oil, so that needed sorting. I knew it had nicely figured wood under all the cack, and so it proved to be after spending a further £100 to get it sorted; much nicer than I can tell from the photos of the one on GT. If I can now find a case its value will be well over the thousand but they're as rare as the proverbial rocking horse doodah.

I'll keep looking; but people tend to hang onto them.

Have a look at the Holts sealed bid sale which ends in 2 days as one showing for around £600 but no clue to condition.

Saw that, many thanks. With a mid' vent, choked at 3/4 and Full, wide rib and no POW grip leads me to think it will probably be a Trap model. Looks to be in very good condition though, with very nice wood. Thanks for taking the time.