Toddler accidentally shoots mother in Wal-mart

chrisjpainter

We only use firearms for sporting purposes. It is a pity that people in a so called civilised Country feel the need to carry them for self protection in a supermarket but it was the Mothers negligence that is at fault here.....pity the kid.

I wouldn't have thought a 2 year old could pull the trigger on a double action revolver, so was it a semi auto with the safety off and one in the chamber? Or did the kid know how to disable the safety?

One point that people should also think about is if the gun had a spur hammer the child could have just pushed the gun and if the hammer caught on something the hammer could fall back and hit the primer this is something that does happen but as has been said why was a bullet in the chamber or cylinder all very sad.

it is simple for people living in the UK a country with hardly any gun crime to criticise I'm shore that if we had friends who have been held up at gun pint we would not be so worried about people carrying guns.

We only use firearms for sporting purposes. It is a pity that people in a so called civilised Country feel the need to carry them for self protection in a supermarket but it was the Mothers negligence that is at fault here.....pity the kid.

And ? they have them as part of their consitutional right who are you to judge :no: . Most other countries allow them for self defence or allow self defence even i.e pepper spray, tasers etc

Have you ever been to the non tourist cities/ states i.e not new york city or orlando, I went to St Louis when I went over to see my uncle and the waitress I was chatting to and most

of them in the restaurant I was at carried handguns as they need to for their own safety & protection, 2 streets down from where I was someone was shot and killed that same night.

it is simple for people living in the UK a country with hardly any gun crime to criticise I'm shore that if we had friends who have been held up at gun pint we would not be so worried about people carrying guns.

Quite right - you can't compare. Before the UK I lived in South Africa - and before that I lived in the USA. In SA - I conceal carried a revolver - due mainly to the fact that crime levels there are stratospheric (and highly violent) in comparison to both the UK and the USA. The USA crime levels aren't statistically that bad though (depending on where you live). I think the media there stirs up a lot of hysteria, though to be fair you are much more likely to be confronted by an armed criminal in the USA than the UK.

When I explain this to my American friends and colleagues, they just can't get their head around the fact that most criminals in the UK tend not to be armed - and that most of our police don't carry guns either. Just doesn't compute.