Semi-auto SAFE Flags

claycrasher

I just find it easier to put the gun straight back in a slip when not in use, this also prevents accidental damage from falling clay bits. Have never found a need for a breech plug in a pigeon hide. I would NOT be too happy with used cartridge cases though, very easy to mix with a live round, ribbon or no ribbon.

Edited by Westley

I just find it easier to put the gun straight back in a slip when not in use, this also prevents accidental damage from falling clay bits. Have never found a need for a breech plug in a pigeon hide. I would NOT be too happy with used cartridge cases though, very easy to mix with a live round, ribbon or no ribbon.

I'm more concerned that you would be able to mix up a live cartridge with one with a whopping great bit of ribbon sticking out the end.

Had a bash at a homemade one myself.

Just knocked the cap out, cut some high viz from a vest and threaded it through with a bit of wire keeping it in place bent inside!

I don't think you would confuse it with a live cartridge!!

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/274564-homemade-flag/

Ps it's working fine

That's how I did mine.

Good job!

When you have seen as many holes in clubhouse walls and floors as I have, you may understand my concerns. Oh, and by the way ALL of those holes were put there by UNLOADED guns !

I do understand your concerns but the fact that the holes were put there by "unloaded" guns I would imagine the people in "control" of those guns at the time were practicing poor safety and regardless of if they had a safe flag, regardless of how it was made those holes would probably still be there.

If any of you are planning to do PSG competitions with your pump or semi-auto guns then be aware that flags made from old cartridge cases are prohibited at most clubs, the tapco flag is the preferred flag because it not only sticks out of the ejection port it actually goes into the barrel of the gun preventing anything else being in the chamber.

It is made from plastic & friction grips the inside of the chamber meaning that it cannot fall out & you can leave the bolt open or close the bolt onto it.

Pump shooters especially will appreciate these flags as other kinds tend to fall out if the gun is stored vertical with the muzzle up, best of all they are only a couple of pounds.

tapco-safety-flag_zps1ae6c14d.jpg

Guys, all I ask is IF you do use old cartridge cases, then please use some insulation tape to conceal the old case and make it more obvious as to what it actually is, Thanks.

P.S.

They are banned at some grounds for a reason !

Edited by Westley