692 and GMK

Chris_S

Trading standards may well tell you that your retailer is the one you have the argument with not gmk or beretta. Gmk are repairing your gun as is their duty or they could send it back to the factory which is not really what you want but as the dealer sold you goods that have been found to be faulty he is the one to put it right.

Whether or not that's correct isn't really the point of this thread. GMK is the maker's representative in the UK and as such should give Brett's problems due consideration and treat him with respect - plus which they appointed that dealer after all. Even if it is ultimately the dealer's responsibility, GMK have single handedly thrown away another customer.

As for my cosmetic issues with a gun; again whether or not I should have acted sooner isn't the point. All I got was an argument because their computer shows the warranty wasn't registered (when it was) and told to find a dealer who'd ship it to them and they'd "See what they could do".

This is 2015 and you simply don't treat people that way if you want to stay in business. And that's the point of this thread.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether or not that's correct isn't really the point of this thread. GMK is the maker's representative in the UK and as such should give Brett's problems due consideration and treat him with respect - plus which they appointed that dealer after all. Even if it is ultimately the dealer's responsibility, GMK have single handedly thrown away another customer.

As for my cosmetic issues with a gun; again whether or not I should have acted sooner isn't the point. All I got was an argument because their computer shows the warranty wasn't registered (when it was) and told to find a dealer who'd ship it to them and they'd "See what they could do".

This is 2015 and you simply don't treat people that way if you want to stay in business. And that's the point of this thread.

sorry but they are sending him a new gun so how much more sympathy can they show.as for the cast issue well that was part of a different offer which is now off the table also I personally have never had much faith in altered stocks as most tend to return to almost their original position over time.as for treating customers of the brand with respect I doubt they would be anything other than respectful with their contact .it may come down to what some people expect ie if you do not hear exactly what you want to.

your own issue with the warranty registration is as said before merely an oversight/clerical error which happens in all walks of life if you had sent a simple scan of the confirmation via email that would have ended the confusion and then your dealer should have acted as he should and sent the gun back without you being troubled.instead you choose to join the beretta/gmk bashing bandwagon.atb

A couple of years ago I bought a cross trainer/exercise bike for the huge sum of £100. Last week I discovered the friction bellt was starting to fail. I checked the suppliers site and was immediately offered a webchat. 1 minute later "Claire" had advised me that the belts were available for £9.99 inc. carriage and if I rang sales with a card they'd take my payment. The phone was answered by "Jess" who was expecting my call. 1 minute later the payment was sorted, I thanked her and rang off. The new belt arrived the following day at lunchtime.

GMK needs a few people like "Claire" and "Jess"...

A couple of years ago I bought a cross trainer/exercise bike for the huge sum of £100. Last week I discovered the friction bellt was starting to fail. I checked the suppliers site and was immediately offered a webchat. 1 minute later "Claire" had advised me that the belts were available for £9.99 inc. carriage and if I rang sales with a card they'd take my payment. The phone was answered by "Jess" who was expecting my call. 1 minute later the payment was sorted, I thanked her and rang off. The new belt arrived the following day at lunchtime.

pity they don't do guns a

It can be done

Beretta Europe are full of Claire/jess.

You really wouldn't find a more helpful company , polite on the phone etc , bend over backwards to help, return your emails/calls very quickly, and are 40% cheaper :)

Erm... no. Theyre not sending me a new one.

they've muddled the original one to make it work.

i understand that its ultimately the responsability of the retailer to refund me, but as previously stated, this is a thread about the service recieved by GMK.

the service i have so far recieved has been sub standard.

i will not be buying another gun that comes through them.

Hi Guys,

As a newcomer to the sport and purchased a 682 Gold E for my first gun which I am reasonably happy with (issue being finish from the RFD but I have come to spot this only as I have gained more experience - also I am not sure if it was the same one I put a deposit on) but I have put that down to lack of experience. I have started looking towards getting myself another gun, and within my range is the 725, CG Summit and 692.

However, I am repeatedly reading about issues with both Browning and Beretta which is now pointing me more and more to CG.

I also nipped into an RFD on the way home on Thursday and looked at the 692 and Summit. I much preferred the look and feel of the Summit.

Just my 2 penneth woth :(

Not getting off the subject of gmk awful service , but a couple of lads who I meet regular at clay shoots have all had rusting issues with there cg,s

That is about the first "bad" thing that I have seen written down about them although no doubt somebody will be along to list links to people complaining about CG's :)

Not getting off the subject of gmk awful service , but a couple of lads who I meet regular at clay shoots have all had rusting issues with there cg,s

I am curious to hear more about these CG issues. Rusting must occur occasionally accross all brands of gun though given what they are exposed to?

The gold writing and logos on the action of my 682 Gold E started rusting a while ago, I did ask GMK at the time but there was nothing they could do, apparently its just something that happens to some of those models. They did suggest that perhaps I could try maintaining a film of oil on the action and then never, ever touching it as apparently the moisture on skin is known to cause this type of rusting on some Berettas.

Now that I think of it, that should have a been an warning to change brands...

I am curious to hear more about these CG issues. Rusting must occur occasionally accross all brands of gun though given what they are exposed to?

The gold writing and logos on the action of my 682 Gold E started rusting a while ago, I did ask GMK at the time but there was nothing they could do, apparently its just something that happens to some of those models. They did suggest that perhaps I could try maintaining a film of oil on the action and then never, ever touching it as apparently the moisture on skin is known to cause this type of rusting on some Berettas.

Now that I think of it, that should have a been an warning to change brands...

The one was fairly minor which I didn't see myself and was rectified..

Paul's gun which I did see was a mess they replaced it immediately.

We got talking about it and said how annoyed I was with Beretta/gmk

They both commented how quick they was replacing/repairing and how good customer service was

sorry but they are sending him a new gun so how much more sympathy can they show.as for the cast issue well that was part of a different offer which is now off the table also I personally have never had much faith in altered stocks as most tend to return to almost their original position over time.as for treating customers of the brand with respect I doubt they would be anything other than respectful with their contact .it may come down to what some people expect ie if you do not hear exactly what you want to.

your own issue with the warranty registration is as said before merely an oversight/clerical error which happens in all walks of life if you had sent a simple scan of the confirmation via email that would have ended the confusion and then your dealer should have acted as he should and sent the gun back without you being troubled.instead you choose to join the beretta/gmk bashing bandwagon.atb

+1

just an update,

i have spoken to both my dealer and GMK and have been given a 10 year warranty on mine FOC as a form of recompense for the issues i have had.

while this doesnt make up completely for the issues i have had it does soothe the pain a little, so to speak.

lets hope it is now sorted.

just an update,

i have spoken to both my dealer and GMK and have been given a 10 year warranty on mine FOC as a form of recompense for the issues i have had.

while this doesnt make up completely for the issues i have had it does soothe the pain a little, so to speak.

lets hope it is now sorted.

That is good news. Will they transfer it to your new cg when you buy it.;) Edited by bostonmick

• 3 weeks later...

So, eventually I spoke with someone senior in GMK and he assured they would put things right, including adding the cast as a good will gesture, fine. I got the 'new' gun back today and it still has one of the same faults as before.

And... the 'new' gun has the original woodwork which would be ok except they have done nothing to make it fit, I can get my thumbnail in some of the gaps around the action and forend irons. Also there are sharp burrs on the botton of the forend iron, the barrels don't seem to meet the face properly and there are wear marks on the corners of the shoulders have been filed down badly

I can actually see daylight accross the breech face when the gun is closed, is this safe? Also one side of the stock seems to not quite meet the action and it flexes in and out?

The gun that went to them was absolutely mint to look at and they have replaced it with one that looks like I made it myself. Oh, and they haven't put any cast on cast on the gun...

I'll be selling the gun as soon as GMK can get it presentable and safe...

If its less than a year old take it back and tell them its not fit for purpose and ask for your money back .

I certainly would not want to use it if the breech face is not in contact with the barrels.

It seems the later Berettas are not getting such a great reputation which is a shame.

Sorry but I have to ask why you accepted the gun. All the things you have highlighted would have been perfectly visible in the shop.Also if you buy any make of gun through a good gunsmiths they would reject any sub standard ones before the customer even saw it.

Well the original one looked fine, its the replacement one that GMK sent back which is poorly put together, it will go back to them... again...

So, eventually I spoke with someone senior in GMK and he assured they would put things right, including adding the cast as a good will gesture, fine. I got the 'new' gun back today and it still has one of the same faults as before.

And... the 'new' gun has the original woodwork which would be ok except they have done nothing to make it fit, I can get my thumbnail in some of the gaps around the action and forend irons. Also there are sharp burrs on the botton of the forend iron, the barrels don't seem to meet the face properly and there are wear marks on the corners of the shoulders have been filed down badly

I can actually see daylight accross the breech face when the gun is closed, is this safe? Also one side of the stock seems to not quite meet the action and it flexes in and out?

The gun that went to them was absolutely mint to look at and they have replaced it with one that looks like I made it myself. Oh, and they haven't put any cast on cast on the gun...

I'll be selling the gun as soon as GMK can get it presentable and safe...

GMK they don't learn do they , very similar thing I went through with my guns.

The bit what puzzles me is why GMK send a gun out like that in the first place

whenever I asked them , they would just say send it back as if they knew it was shoddy work !

I hope your not referring to the workshop manager as the senior in gmk because you will bang your head against a brick wall with him more than the rest in my experience

GMK they don't learn do they , very similar thing I went through with my guns.

The bit what puzzles me is why GMK send a gun out like that in the first place

whenever I asked them , they would just say send it back as if they knew it was shoddy work !

I hope your not referring to the workshop manager as the senior in gmk because you will bang your head against a brick wall with him more than the rest in my experience

The workshop manager was useless, it was some other senior manager I spoke to in the end who I think genuinely wanted to help, then the workshop messed things up...