John Darling

rjimmer

john darling is one of the gretest air rifle hunters that i have ever read about, he has an amazing book called 'air rifle hunting' that tells you all about the tips and musts and must nots of air rifle hunting i base how i hunt on this book.

all thanks to him i am now a better hunter than i would ever have thort of becoming.

may his soul rest in peace, if he is truly dead.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Ive just flicked through my old Air rifle Hunting by John Darling book, and thought I would see what he was doing these days on the internet, but to my horror saw on this forum that he had died. In the 80's when I was at school, he was like a god to us, I read his book from cover to cover several times and all his Airgunner articles every month. He was such an inspiration to us young air gunners back then. What a terrible shame, RIP John.

When I was a young lad I used to love reading Johns stries in Airgunner. I was under the impresion the chap died a number of years ago! either way he help build my enthusiasim for shooting.

RIP

Dave

I totally agree with the above, he died in 04 btw (see link). I had the good fortune to bump into him and his lurchers about 15 years ago at a country show, and he was a real gent, happy to stop and chat, and to share tips and stories which really helped me as a budding young shooter. I was gutted when I found out he had died. I seem to remember his son (Gerald I think) was a keen young shooter all those years ago. I hope he is carrying on where his father left off!

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/lofiver....php?t9680.html

ZB

• 1 month later...

:unsure:

Ive just flicked through my old Air rifle Hunting by John Darling book, and thought I would see what he was doing these days on the internet, but to my horror saw on this forum that he had died. In the 80's when I was at school, he was like a god to us, I read his book from cover to cover several times and all his Airgunner articles every month. He was such an inspiration to us young air gunners back then. What a terrible shame, RIP John.

:lol: It certainly is a genuine shame that John darling is no longer with us.I also have both his books on air rifle hunting and they are absolutely

indispensible.I used to read his articles in airgunner and somehow his style of writing seemed to connect with and inspire me.He was a natural,

very easy to listen to and very easy to learn from.I would have loved to have met him but sadly i never got the chance.

I do have his air rifle hunting video too,and it is a mine of information.

Somehow i feel as though i have lost a good friend.He will be sadly missed.

If anyone is after a copy of John Darlings book AIR RIFLE HUNTING I have one I would sell in very good condition.

I will put it on Buy sell and swap section as well.

£10 posted.

PM please if interested.

:unsure: D2D

Mods I have put this here only because of the relevance to the topic.