sx3 owners

spready

I have a beretta 302 (amongst others) and when i first got that the barrel was stuck. Loads of spray where the barrel goes into the action and with a few gentle taps it came off. The culprit was a tiny burr on the sleeve where it went into the action. a bit of emery clothe sorted that. Probably caused by a small piece of grit.

Edited by Mick.j

I always remove my barrel with the bolt back in the open position. When you remove the fore end below the barrel between the receiver and the ring that goes round the mag tube with the gas blow holes in it , there is a black plastic dooda that moves back and forth ( excuse my ignorance I have no idea what it's called) this has a groove in it to let the barrel pass where it is wider at the chamber, if you wiggle the barrel and hold this black dooda down it might help, I had this problem with mine, once you get the barrel

Out you'll probably find the outside of the barrel and the bit it sits in inside the action housing is manky and this won't help the barrel come off

I have a similar problem with mine ( and it was bought new). It's not as bad as yours sounds but it can be difficult to get the barrel to slide off sometimes. It's equally tricky to get it back on as well!

Sounds as if yours is more serious......can you return it and ask the previous owner/ gunshop to show you how?

As stated the bolt should be opened and locked back. I had the same problem with a friends sx3 he recently purchased. Never been stripped and clean. Find some soft wood and small hammer. Hold the gun by the barrel (get assistance to do this) put the wood on the end of the magazine and tap with the hammer. Plenty of oil where the barrel fits to the action and it should work free. Remember the end of the stock must be off the floor. Hope this works for you.

Obviously this is with the forend and mag nut removed.

Edited by ayano3

Right just went and got mine,,,, no odds if bolt forward or back but nut off foreend off wiggle left right pull off job done..... Now just watch if bolt shoots forward quickly when apart there is a long sliding bit that goes down past trigger this can come out either just jijjle back down or tap pins out of trigger lower and slide back,, wish I could be more technical with my description but if it happens this will make sense......lol

Edited by millrace

Never thought about tapping it out. In through the side were the used cartridges exit?

I did imply tapping it out in my post - never mind it eh!

Edited by Mick.j

The cause of the problem is a built up of carbon under/ around the O ring , Causing the O ring to nip the magazine tube and only way to to get the barrel off is to tap the barrel off , the only cure is to regularly take out the O ring and clean any carbon residue to stop it expanding, I had the same problem with my sx3 til got rid off it ,yet a mate of mine has never had a problem with his .

Its that a much better gun then? felt alot nicer to the shoulder

You seemed to have answered your own question - it fits YOU better. I have an old Beretta 302 3inch mag (1982 ish) in nearly new condition never had any issues and wouldn't swap or sell it for a newer one. It only gets used rarely for a bit of fun. Enjoy it, look after it and it should last you years