cz .22

sambo

hi guys i am after buying a cz american .22 left handed this weekend but not really to happy with the length of the barrel 22" + 4"ish for silencer. i think that is quite long especially because i will mainly be shooting from a landy. what are your thought on this and have any of you had it done?

thanks Sam

Hi gents. i also had my cz cut down to 16" as previously mentioned you only need 14" - 16" of barrel length in order for all of the powder to be burned up thus ensuring maximum velolocity. Regarding accuracy i agree that precise recrowning is essential, i also noticed a marked increase in muzzle flip upon firing my cut down cz compared to the full length version. You do not say if a bipod is fitted to your rifle i found that fitting a bipod as well as giving longer range accuracy in the prone position also cured the excessive muzzle flip when shooting freehand. Get it cut down pal you will not regret it. hope this helps.

For Landy windows (or for that matter any 4x4) a 10/22 with a 12.5 barrel, short silencer and two 25 rd mags back to back with a Butler Creek folding stock is ideal - Its just like a long pistol and easy to transfer from passenger seat to drivers window with one hand.

At the same time extended it is as comfortable as any other stock. For shooting from a wagon on my own I wouldn't choose any other.

Its worth considering !

>a 10/22 with a 12.5 barrel, short silencer and two 25 rd mags back to back with a Butler Creek folding stock is ideal

You sure that there is 24" overall with the mod off and the stock folded? Seems a bit small to me with a side folder :s