Binocular purchase advice please

ilovemyheckler

I think I have decided which binos I am going buy (Bushnell Elite HD ED. I tried a pair of 8 x 42 today and was impressed with them), however, I can't decide what magnification I need;

8x42 or 10 x 42

I don't want them for stalking, just wildlife watching and birds etc. I always thought that 10 x magnification weren't a good idea for "hand held" binos as they often appeared blurred.

Any advice?

Thanks

Hawke Nature Trek for around £100. 10 year guarantee and excellent value for money. :good:

I sold a very expensive pair of Kahles binoculars through lack of use. I bought the above and found them to be brilliant.

http://www.birdwatching.co.uk/Birding-gear/Birdwatching-Binoculars/Hawke-Nature-Trek-8x42

Sorry to hijack? Was surfing the net looking for some bino's for spotting/watching pigeons and corvids when out looking for permission etc.

Anyone got any recommendations?

You need not spend much on binoculars to spot pigeons etc. All my binoculars have been second hand from carboots etc. Cost no more than £20.