Restores your faith in human nature

Doc Holliday

I came across this just now - http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2015/02/25/heartwarming-moment-radio-station-gives-grieving-mum-amazing-gift-video/?ncid=wsc-uk-parentdish-image

and I would defy anyone to watch it and say they didn't choke back the tears.

I bet that upped their ratings, if they want to make ‘grand gestures’ they should have paid it off! I am sorry for the loss of her son though. :sad1:

I bet that upped their ratings, if they want to make ‘grand gestures’ they should have paid it off! I am sorry for the loss of her son though. :sad1:

From what I gathered. the 'give back' thing was/is a regular thing that they run but this was a little different as, from the sound of it the mortgage was going to be paid by a construction company and I would imagine that the £5k for finishing the renovations was being stumped up by the radio station but I could be wrong as that part wasn't overly clear. Maybe ratings did have a bearing, whether it was a cause or effect of doing that particular act we'll never know, but the over riding issue here is that some people (and companies) can actually give a monkeys about their fellow humans. It's acts of kindness like this that should make the news more often rather than the doom and gloom we are spoon fed on a daily basis.