20 Calibre PCP

Mazy

Hi all, is anybody out there using a 20 calibre pcp . I have a HW 100 .177 at the moment and I'm finding it very difficult to stop myself rushing out and buying a 20 cal version. I'm managing to resist as I think it might be the AD men that have got through to me but I'm not sure. I shoot the usual rabbits,pigeons, squirrels and crows etc. and don't think I have a problem, but I'm not sure. I keep thinking a 20 will be much better. Help Please!!!!

I had a Falcon skeleton .20 fac with 22 footpound and I regret the day that I swapped it. Flat trajectory, good impact on the longer distance, really the best of both worlds as they say :) My favorite rabbit gun it was.

Evo there is no need for a big assortiment .20 pellets, you can find your (hunting) pellet of choice in these 3: JSB 13.7grain, H&N Baracuda 13.5grain, or Benjamin Cylindrical .20 cal 14.3gr (<25 yards they are great for rats!)

Alot of folk with .20 seem to love it, but for me I cant see that it will do anything my .177 or .22 would do.

Also a mate has just got a .20 HW100 and hes on his second rifle in 4/5weeks as the first went back 3 times with problems and fixes each time, Hull gave up in the end and replaced the whole thing. We are waiting to see if rifle number two is up to much.

I would vote to keep what you have.

ATB

Matt

Alot of folk with .20 seem to love it, but for me I cant see that it will do anything my .177 or .22 would do.

Also a mate has just got a .20 HW100 and hes on his second rifle in 4/5weeks as the first went back 3 times with problems and fixes each time, Hull gave up in the end and replaced the whole thing. We are waiting to see if rifle number two is up to much.

I would vote to keep what you have.

ATB

Matt

I doubt that the calibre had very little to do with the faults though?

I would, sort of....... in that because its unpopular (Same situation could be said for anything not .177 or .22) it had to be made different to probberly 90% of there other builds and I suspect thats when:

1. The valve was not set right so stuck.
  2. The probe was miss-aligned.
  3. The barrel fit was incorrect.
  4. The barrel crown wasnt finished very well.

Had it of been .177 it would of been a more standard build and maybe these issues would of been spotted during the build and buy QC on the outgoing products.

I know its not is fault because its .20 if that makes sense.

ATB

Matt

I had a Falcon skeleton .20 fac with 22 footpound and I regret the day that I swapped it. Flat trajectory, good impact on the longer distance, really the best of both worlds as they say :) My favorite rabbit gun it was.

Evo there is no need for a big assortiment .20 pellets, you can find your (hunting) pellet of choice in these 3: JSB 13.7grain, H&N Baracuda 13.5grain, or Benjamin Cylindrical .20 cal 14.3gr (<25 yards they are great for rats!)

and if it doesn't like them then what,,???

there are pro,s and cons with any calibre but the hw100 in .177 is an accurate rifle,,pellets are cheaper,, in sub 12ftlb he will gain no advantage without losing out somewhere else, he is better using the .177 as the trajectory is flatter and also if the pellet is put in the correct place then it will make no difference whatsoever what calibre he uses, the thing will be dead

I had a Rapid 12 in .20 for years. I really did feel that it gave me the best of both worlds. Especially nowadays as there's far more pellet choice. Sold it a couple of months ago and am already regretting it.

Me too I used to have one, it was a great bit of kit,

Mazy, it's not a popular calibre so you should get it a lot cheaper than a 22 or 177. I did , the one I bought had been on the shelf for two years!!! And had a £575 price tag on it,

I paid £400 as the shop owner couldn't get rid of it, that was about 10 years ago though, it was a great little gun

Atb

Flynny

I would, sort of....... in that because its unpopular (Same situation could be said for anything not .177 or .22) it had to be made different to probberly 90% of there other builds and I suspect thats when:

• The valve was not set right so stuck.
  • The probe was miss-aligned.
  • The barrel fit was incorrect.
  • The barrel crown wasnt finished very well.
Had it of been .177 it would of been a more standard build and maybe these issues would of been spotted during the build and buy QC on the outgoing products.

I know its not is fault because its .20 if that makes sense.

ATB

Matt

Nothing to do with the hole in the barrel, everything to do with attitude on the factory floor!

U.

is it a bit like a 12ga and 20 ga shotties,a 16 is probably the best of both,but the advantages,if any real advantages are in the head.my HW100 .177 is blindingly accurate and if I do my part the result is a given,probably same with the .22.is a .20 worth the additional purchase price AND resale would be limited I suspect