Any Bugs

darren m

just wondering if there are any bugs going about that cause very very bad abdominal pains .

had a bad night last night , it just came on a real bad pain on lower left side between hip and navel and if I press the area it literally kills , so spending today just lying around .

popping pain killers tramadol and co codamol

hope its just a bug and nothing else , although I do have a bad chest sore throat etc too at the mo

thanks

Sounds like a ruptured appendix , you have 1 min 30 sec to get to A&E before it too late to save you , or it could be wind :good:

Seriously see a doctor , I have diverticulitis and the symptoms are very similar to what you describe but it could be many things.

just wondering if there are any bugs going about that cause very very bad abdominal pains .

had a bad night last night , it just came on a real bad pain on lower left side between hip and navel and if I press the area it literally kills , so spending today just lying around .

popping pain killers tramadol and co codamol

hope its just a bug and nothing else , although I do have a bad chest sore throat etc too at the mo

thanks

There is a load of GI infections going around, notts and leices, mainly children, they can be severe enough to cause hospitalisation because of pain.

Go see your gp, and either of those painkillers won't help with a gut issue, one, opiates slow gut transit, and codeine can cause constipation. You really shouldn't be taking them together unless a doc has told you to, both are opiates, albeit different actions, not advised though.

If you're no better in the morrow go see someone, sooner if you have a temperature or fever.

My 'gut' feeling is you'll have the runs in a few hours.

Edited by kyska

See doc. I had pain in similar area, got worse, doc told me to go to hospital, few hours later they opened me up and removed a couple of feet of ruptured intestine, which was apparently in the process of killing me. Had diverticulitis, and bad diet (not enough fluid, or fibre), and pouched bowel gave way leading to peritonitis. Not fun.

Almost certainly you've not got that, but doc said a day later and there would have been nothing they could do, as it was it was touch and go for a couple of days. Worth checking to be on safe side. Hope you're ok

well its eased a fair bit now , still there but not as bad.

it actually hurts when I went for or wanted a pee , right below the navel and to the left , also hurts when I press the area , and cough .

guessing just a pulled muscle , why else would it hurt when I push to pee ( if you kinda know what I mean ).

as far as going to docs , it takes aweek to get an appointment , bloody ridiculous

well its eased a fair bit now , still there but not as bad.

it actually hurts when I went for or wanted a pee , right below the navel and to the left , also hurts when I press the area , and cough .

guessing just a pulled muscle , why else would it hurt when I push to pee ( if you kinda know what I mean ).

as far as going to docs , it takes aweek to get an appointment , bloody ridiculous

Phone them and ask for an emergency appointment if you're worried it could be serious or urgent, they'll get you to speak to a triage nurse to ***** you over the phone before getting you to come in to see the doc. That's what most surgery's do so don't be fobbed off with the two week appointment ****.