Lead Guttering: Any builders/roofers help much appreciated.

Aled

Hello All

I know there is a wealth of experience on this site so if anybody has any advice please help.

The lead guttering above our bedroom has a dip in it which during heavy rain fills with water. Water obviously cannot travel up hill. Can anybody suggest a way to correct this? Once I go up on the roof and push the water out of the dip, the water stops coming into the room. Advice much appreciated.

Cheers

Aled

Sounds like u have had a small leak for a while thus causing the lay boards to rot and cause the lead to sag.is it a flat gulley or a pitched valley?you will need to remove lead,replace lay boards and fit either new lead or grip.

Sorry grp not grip

Thanks for that, what you are saying makes sense, I will be having a good luck with a builder this week, I was wondering if there was something easy I could do, but its not need some skilled help!

Cheers All

Aled

my flat roof went rotted for the same,had to remove n replace everything.guttering down ,wood removed,remove n repointed the cement as it crumbled in the brick work.soaked the brickwork in dampseal by a certain ron.....new pretreated boards and switched to black plastic guttering . a 2 day pain in the bum but needed it doing and then the joy of redecorating the bathroom inside to get rid of the mould growing on the damp .leave it to the pro,s its a pig of a job atb

Quick fix but only a temporary,try some stuff called aqua pol.if it's a flat gulley then chances are it is laced in sections that rise 2 inches about every 1.5meters to 2 meters,u will need to paint it over joint between the to bits of lead ,a photo would help .