ejectors

ronan nee

get yourself two more ejector sears, wee little fellas they are, have them put in and timed, getting used to a problem is not the answer you should receive from anyone here, if your gun does not function correctly get it fixed, no offence to LG or anyone else but my opinion is small problems become big problems if not addrresed.

little suckers look something like this, i have done mine simply because they wear out with a high rate of shells through, some can wear if the steel is soft or a burr abrades the surface, this may happen if grease has picked up dirt or grit in the forend stock, an area less looked at by the average shooter in cleaning.

Martin

p.s. you can see the extent of the wear on the bottom sear, to the new one.

post-1145-1175210992.jpg

Hi Ronan

check the cocking cams and ejection style selection screws. Check all is lubricated and that the two black screws are a) there b)crossways for ejection c) in line for extraction. Mine was playing silly ******* once and it turnd out the LH screw was between settings

post-1306-1175258777.jpg

Next check that the ejection trips in the forend are again free to rotate and are lubricated and that the tips are there and have not been broken. This is perhaps the weakest point on these otherwise indestructable guns

post-1306-1175258920.jpg

Cheers :oops:

I used to work for Budget guns and Tackle and was trained to work on these guns by the russians. The small pins that look like slotted screws are the cause of the problem. They are held in by a spring pressing against the square section just below the slot.

You need to replace the springs because they are weak and when one barrel is fired it causes the other cocking rod to move about and subsequently this ejector trip moves up, this in turn causes the other ejector to eject.

I believe that Decade firearms are the people to speak to regarding spares.

on the side of mine there are two little screws

and i fiddle about with them and i can stop the ejectors working altogether if i want to. see if you can work ou your problem through those screws...

i had the same problem as the rest of you but those screws seam to cure the problem...

sk :good:

Mine does the same too. Gunsmith told me that he often can tell the type of shooting done with a particular shotgun by the characteristics of the repair together with condition of gun. As we all know a gun with is primarly used for pigeon/rough and game shooting is more likely to have this problem as you take one shot, eject,reload where as with clays you normally fire both barrels. He advised me that it can be prudent if you every so often swap your selective to the other barrel, even better if you have the multi choke so you can change the chokes to suit.

Regards starlight32

• 3 weeks later...