3rd one...

shootgun

I couldn't resist the temptation and went out stalking again, making the most of the first real summer days, down in Surrey.

On the ground before 4am, just when the woods are coming to life, and slowly started stalking a plantation on the edge of a valley. Made my way trough, and on the bottom of the valey i saw to young bucks browsing, one of them appearing to have a injury on its back, and from the distance it looked fresh, so i decided to take him down. I waited for the buck to turn broadside and give me a clear LOS , and pulled the trigger, from some 75 yards.

I wonder what could cause this sort of injury. The wound was fresh, still wet, and the buck in pretty good condition.

0vg0Exx.jpg

zwgvHuV.jpg

iYGuZry.jpg

good one to take well done

Thanks mate!

Looks like a dog has had that over a week ago if you look at the bottom left of the wound it looks like puncture marks. I have had to dispatch a few like that over the years.

I thought so, as there are few foot paths across the woods and i saw dog walkers with the dogs on loose... :unhappy:

Another good one to take but I don't go with the dog theory. Dogs normally get hold of the haunch. That would be an unusual place for a dog to get a grip with it's teeth.

Yep, looks like the shape of a rapidly expanding volatile bullet, much like the issue my friend is having on hair from his 22-250!

Another good one to take but I don't go with the dog theory. Dogs normally get hold of the haunch. That would be an unusual place for a dog to get a grip with it's teeth.

Wow, you can say where a dog will get a grip of a Deer, I don't think so, I have seen Deer lying squealing caught in a corner of a fence with a dog on its back ripping the poor animal apart. When an animal is trapped a dog will take advantage and rip it anywhere it will take a hold. You are entitled to your opinion though.