Lee deluxe quick trim

Does anyone use one of the above, and if so how do you rate them, the I'm on about utilises the press and shell holder and you screw a calibre specific die in the press then you put the cutting part in the die,you can use a power adapter or a hand one. It trims and chamfered internal and external.

Hi Albert,

I've been using one for a number of months now.

The issues I found, were the need to keep spraying the metal knurled collet with lubricant. Also, the plastic collet used for adjusting the depth of the trim is flimsy, and can easily be over twisted, causing it to pop off it's mounting.

I set it up roughly, and after a few turns, I measure each case until I get the required length.

Not very quick though. And you can certainly over trim a case.

It isn't as bad as it seems though, and a lot cheaper than some! Although, I still pine for a "decent" bench mounted version....

Jamie

Cheers guys,it does look too good to be true,I dont mind chamfering,and I have never trimed in 4 years but I do dull length size everything. I will investigate into a bench mounted type arrangement,if they aren't much good. I would rather not trim than check every one.

Cheers Albert

Standard Lee case length trimmer with the shell holder and a cordless drill will do a decent job, a quick chamfer and de-burr and job done.

Albert, I don't know what calibre you're shooting but case length trimming (especially with bottle neck cases) is a must for consistent results, excess case neck length can lead to over pressure problems very easily if not checked.

Edited by phaedra1106

223, 308, 38sp, 357 mag.soon to be 6mm ppc. Allways full lentgh sized, Im well sub moa with 5 shot groups, but not as good as I want to be. Hence I better trim all to same length. Only bother I have ever had with over pressure was with neck sizing. I'm about to change brass heads so I want to start from a fixed point. Whilst in in this frame of mind,what's the best flash hole uniformer large and small and flash hole chamferer.

Cheers Albert

Ps I'm off to measure my brass.

Brilliant bit of kit. Takes about five seconds to trim and chamfer a case. I run my cases through every time I reload, even when only neck sizing. Never found the need to lubricate or adjust anything, just brush the swarf off the cutters and die very occasionally I use it for 204, 22/250, 243, 270 and 300 win mag. Of all my bits of kit, I would say it is the biggest single time saver I've got.

Andy

K&M flash hole uniformers are very good indeed (as are their primer pocket tools) and will size and chamfer the flash hole at the same time :)

https://www.kmshooting.com/

Thanks for that I will look into purchasing a set for 223 and 308. I did some quick measuring of my f/l sized brass max is plus 2tho" and min is minus 4 tho" from sami spec with the 223 that's between batches of brass, the hole batch is max 1-2tho",so not bad for not trimming. That's going from once fired upto 5x fired. All full length sized. But I am striving for perfection from a factory rifle with hand loads. So i need to be as consistent as possible. Cheers for the help.