land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have never seen one of those plastic bits on the back of a Series front seat before, is that a CSW specific?

must be,

these are some of the changes in the SCW

These changes culminated in April 1982 with the introduction of the "County" spec. Station Wagon Land Rovers, available in both 88-inch (2,200 mm) and 109-inch (2,800 mm) types. These had all-new cloth seats from the Leyland T-45 Lorry, soundproofing kits, tinted glass and other "soft" options designed to appeal to the leisure owner/user.

Had them on my 110 county.(plastic seat backs).

like the screwdrivers with the hex on top.What make are they?

Don't know about the ones in photo,

Often referred to as 'hammer through' or 'hex bolster' screwdrivers, Sealey do some, and also Siegen which are distributed by Sealey.

If your budget knows no limits - Snap On do them too

just found these, sure id looked at exmoor before with no luck, cheapest iv seen before worked out at £50.80 with postage to be added,

and iv looked loads of times for theses, just found it hard to part with £60 for 4 little starps,

£23 delivered from exmoor unless im being thick and its only for 1 and not a set of 4 :hmm::hmm:

http://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/inward-facing-tip-up-retaining-straps.html

when i said "took them off" i ment to the valeters :lol:

lee you are getting lazy...............all you needed to do was take the beading off and the clips and put the covers in the washing machine with bio-wash powder on a long cycle..............or leave them to soak overnight in a bucket and put them on a short cycle...............

dearo dearo dear.....more money out of the window...........

i was wondering if i could of put them through the wash, surly that would be better than what the valeters use.saying that the rear ones are stapled on, and id never get them back on, and knowing my luck they would shrink, and i know the valet guy so he never charges me a lot, and he does a superb job,