land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

leave that mat in...................the boot liner/tray you prefer was not available when your vehicle was made.......if the purchaser see's that he will wonder what other none spec' parts have been used on it...............

i have the same liner in mine and it must be 8 or 9 years old.......................

one of my previous landrovers i had....i lined out with...half inch thick conveyor belting and then ontop i put "cut to fit"...copra door matting from a local carpet wharehouse.....i used that as it used to dry the dogs quick when i worked them in the wet........then i would take it out to dry and replace it with the spare one i had....i also lined out all the footwells with it as well.......good soundproofing....not original........it was for me.......keep your vehicle standard that is what it will sell for ...and allow someone else to mess it about

just my thoughts anyway .. :good:

Edited by ditchman

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the plan was always to sell it really, i did want if finished last august for the local classic car show, but it was never my intention to drag it around to show of, for me it would be to much money to have in it just to show it off, as soon as its done it will be up for sale whilst its still mint :good::good:

so today iv spent about 4 hours taking all the rear windows out as when i put all the channels in i didnt have much of an idea how accurate they all had to be and exactly where they needed to be, having put them in and the top runners i realised they were just not good enough, this was not a good fit :lol::lol:

post-9513-0-78025700-1482774913_thumb.jpg

I can now see the next project.

id love to, but given the effort and time this has taken i dont think iv got it in me, well, not straight away, but i do think it well be a lot easier, no roof, no rear windows, headlining,soft dash, carpets or any other so called mod cons, and doing it for myself it woulnt have to be 100%

**** it, im going to have a count up of what its cost me, the only out goings i have left are the roof lining and the surrounds to be made could be anything from £300-£600 i owe my mate about £300 so probably £500 for him by the end so lets say £1000 in all, if im not back within the hour its cos iv fainted, or hung myself :lol::lol:

**** it, im going to have a count up of what its cost me, the only out goings i have left are the roof lining and the surrounds to be made could be anything from £300-£600 i owe my mate about £300 so probably £500 for him by the end so lets say £1000 in all, if im not back within the hour its cos iv fainted, or hung myself :lol::lol:

Leave the keys first mate would hate to see the misses sell it after your funeral for a few hundred quid

well, its not as bad as i thought, i did originally think about £10,000 but that was with absolutely no idea,

so, for the land rover and all parts and things done like shot blasting, galving, wheels, total comes to £12.170.

labour costs for my mate up to date, £1.115 and for things like paint,primer all other fluids and liquids, not including any tools as im not including them, the cost of that is £620, then there is minus £100 for the old chassis i sold and £80 for the old springs,

total to date then is.............£13.725, so with whats left, and mot, register in this country it should come in at just under £15.000

iv seen them at alsorts of prices, thats not even a CSW, iv seen a LWB csw series 3 up for £35.000.

i think with these things its just a case of waiting for the right buyer to come along, the land rover center seem to have a pretty good amount of them sell, i think i saw a series 2 there a while ago sure it was up for £50,000, they also have one the same as mine awaiting preparation, hes had it longer than iv had mine, but he told me he was just going to freshen it up, and wants £15,000, time will tell mate, i might make a couple or 3 grand on it, i may make over 10 on it. either way i will be pleased :good::good: