land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice tidy job... :good:

the windscreen wiper that is wrong ...take it off (and the hub)...turn the wipers on...check.....turn off....fit wiper in stop position..... :good:

tried that, but there both going in the opposite direction, n/s is set at the moment in the straight up position, and when wipers are turned on it goes down then back up, and the o/s is srt where it should be, and goes up then down as it should, if i stop the n/s one in the down position take it off and put it at the bottom then the o/s one is up vertical, its doing my head in

im sure they worked properly when we put then on and tested them :hmm::hmm:

tried that, but there both going in the opposite direction, n/s is set at the moment in the straight up position, and when wipers are turned on it goes down then back up, and the o/s is srt where it should be, and goes up then down as it should, if i stop the n/s one in the down position take it off and put it at the bottom then the o/s one is up vertical, its doing my head in

im sure they worked properly when we put then on and tested them :hmm::hmm:

are you on some sort of medication.............. :whistling:

I bet one of the wiper spindles is upside down. No amount of faffing with the wiper position will change the direction the wiper is moving. I've just been trawling through my pics to see if I can find a shot of the wiper asm in position and guess what this is another money shot I missed, typical! After much searching what I can tell you, after much zooming in and trying to find decent angles, is that the passenger side spindle the cable should be at the top and for the drivers side the cable should be at the bottom. Now go and fix it.

Well I did take it all apart to soak before I cleaned it all. I will have to go through my 2000 pictures and see what's what.

Jesus H Christ I'm going to have to take all the dash off??

im not looking... :lol: ...tell me when its all done... :lol::good:

I bet one of the wiper spindles is upside down. No amount of faffing with the wiper position will change the direction the wiper is moving. I've just been trawling through my pics to see if I can find a shot of the wiper asm in position and guess what this is another money shot I missed, typical! After much searching what I can tell you, after much zooming in and trying to find decent angles, is that the passenger side spindle the cable should be at the top and for the drivers side the cable should be at the bottom. Now go and fix it.

your wish im my comand :good::good: details to follow, needles to say, you were spot on :good::good:

Try this Lee

tried that many a time, never worked :no::no:

dont send him detailed drawings like that......he will end up getting his willy caught in it or something.. :oops::oops:

silly old coot :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

please dont encourage him, hes bad enough :lol::lol:

Viking / ditchman / la Bala you guys have made this the best thread ever, I've enjoyed every minute, thank you.

we thank you very much, although that ditchman character doesnt half pick on me, :yes::yes:

wish i could say id enjoyed every minute of it :whistling::whistling:

+ 1

rite, down to business,

thanks to Mr lord O war iv now something to look into,

manages to see the the n/s spindle and it was at the top as it should be according to LoW and my book, and as said the other one should be the other way round, so looking at it i thought if i took the clocks out i should be able to get to it, could i **** :lol:

post-9513-0-51133400-1491849690_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-31629200-1491849701_thumb.jpg