land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Daft question perhaps but as I have never driven an old land rover I assume the red gear leaver is for high/low gears but what does the yellow one do.

push that down and it engages the "photon light drive"........................ :good:

The only problem with that is how on earth do you get an old Land Rover to do the 88 mph to activate it a long steep hill is the answer I suppose. :lol: :lol:

Thanks for your help ( 2 or 4 wheel drive = Yellow knob ) google is your friend. :yes: :yes:

thought the landrover was always in 4wd...yellow knob locks the transfer box ?

The only problem with that is how on earth do you get an old Land Rover to do the 88 mph to activate it a long steep hill is the answer I suppose. :lol: :lol:

Thanks for your help ( 2 or 4 wheel drive = Yellow knob ) google is your friend.

land rover series 3 88", thats MPH not inch :lol::lol:

no no no my dear friend, its not finished yet, needs the hand throttle putting back in/on.

the trim around the top of the doors and windscreen, then up to paint shop for touching up and stripes putting on, then its finished,

my mate says hes coming this weekend so our part should be done, then try get it in the paint shop in the next couple of week, then the car show mid august :good::good:

so not much left to do and no word from my mate so decided to attack it myself, not wanting to mess it up and the fact i needed 2 pairs of hands i had to take my time and really think about it, first 2 little jobs were to seal the rear door window properly as the black sticky stuff i used had not come up as far as it should and left a little channel, so out came the black mastic and i just ran a sliver across the full length, looks good now, then the dash heater hoses went in, no photos,

then onto the proper job, fitting the last few bits of interior trim, above the 2 front doors and the bit above the windscreen,

first i had to workout how to fix it in place, google was not my friend today, so looking at it and trying to work it out i came up with a plan of making 2 brackets and bolting them to the top of the windscreen with something strong enough so i could drill through it and screw to trim in place, thinking and making things are not my strong point :no::no:

post-9513-0-43409700-1499025925_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-34509500-1499025977_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-91598100-1499026017_thumb.jpg

Edited by viking