land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

it will be going up for sale at the weekend, just going to try it on ebay first to see what it does, you should see the listing that iv already started, it will take half hour to read :lol::lol:

iv about 8 A4 pages of parts that iv listed, maybe some well to do pigeon watch member might buy it :good::good:

What one of the ones on the HM Tax dodger sheet?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this ones for you ditchie, the top of the injectors,the big fat bit has gone a rusty colour, can i just take the top nut of then undo the fat bit, clean it up and put it back on? the bit with the washer leaning on it :good::good: tried a bit of emery tape on them but to hard to get to

post-9513-0-65585400-1499875148_thumb.jpg

I've followed this thread since about page 21 and enjoyed reading every bit of it. You've done yourself proud and are an inspiration. I'm a little bit sad now it's done cause it has been a great read. Well done. You deserve a good few pints!

how kind, now go back and read pages 1-21, :lol::good::good:

this ones for you ditchie, the top of the injectors,the big fat bit has gone a rusty colour, can i just take the top nut of then undo the fat bit, clean it up and put it back on? the bit with the washer leaning on it :good::good: tried a bit of emery tape on them but to hard to get to

yeah should be fine....also get some VERY FINE EMERYPAPER....and flatten off both sides the thin washer..(that will make sure it dosnt weep)....electric wire brush the top...totally degrease it and if you dont want it to rust....coat it (thin coat) with BOILED LINSEED OIL........DONTTOUCH ANYTHING ELSE OR YOU WILL CHANGE THE PRESSURE SETTING

:good:

ps.............flattern off the bleed back washers as well...

are you going to use your injector on your sex robot...

Edited by ditchman

lovely,they have been annoying me for a while :good::good:

sex robot?? iv no idea what your on about you strange individual :whistling::whistling:

WARNING..............once you clean to bare metal and coat the metal with boiled linseed oil.....you will never get it off when it hardens.....only way is to use oven cleaner...i use the oil on my engine and chassis...it is brilliant stuff and cheap...i also put it on my ali' casings...not the polished stuff tho'

regards your robot ......i have been following you on different threads you know....and a pattern is begtinning to emerge :lol::lol:

WARNING..............once you clean to bare metal and coat the metal with boiled linseed oil.....you will never get it off when it hardens.....only way is to use oven cleaner...i use the oil on my engine and chassis...it is brilliant stuff and cheap...i also put it on my ali' casings...not the polished stuff tho'

regards your robot ......i have been following you on different threads you know....and a pattern is begtinning to emerge :lol::lol:

cant i just rub a bit of oil on it,(the injectors) before you think anything else, shouldn't rust back up for a while, and then it should be sold :ninja::ninja:

and as for your sex robots, iv still no idea what your on about, please dont bring this up again :yahoo::yahoo:

if you rub a bit of oil on it....it will sooner than later rust up again.......just clean it and do as you are bloody told............. :lol:

DO NOT USE THE OIL ON ANY PLASTIC....FURNISHINGS...ETC....AS WHEN IT DRYS YOU WONT GET IT OFF :good:

Got in touch with thes guys yesterday, sent an email and some pictures. They rang me back today and the guy was using words like spectacular. Wow factor. He was so very immperesed with what he saw. But went on to say that the popular land rovers were series 1 and 2 2a's. Not so much the series 3. And I even think he hinted at the county station wagon was not overly popular. Nearly told him to do one at that point, then he went on to say that because of its condition it should attract plenty of attention, then came the big question, what's it worth, he said £15,000 to £20,000. And that a few days ago in there last sale there was a red one same as mine but not done up. Estimated at £7000. Sold for £12,000. But it's 10% commission plus VAT, £230 plus VAT to put it in the sale, then fees to have it sent there. And back if it didn't sell or reach the reserve. So it could cost £800 to have it in, and with them fees it would have to fetch at least £20,000 to leave me with £17,000. Next sale isn't till 21st of September so time to try sell it privately. Also emailed some other places for valuations.

http://www.historics.co.uk/contact.aspx

not sure yet, was going to add it up at the weekend, but im thinking a couple or 3 hundred either side of £15,000

so with a bit of luck you might have something for your trouble....you certainly wont be out of pocket anyway..........

it would be nice to make a few quid, it would also be nice for it to go to a good auction and go way over its estimate, bit of a £800 gamble though,

put a reserve on it................phone that london auction house like what i told you :good:

rite still not done a proper proper count up, but just did a fairly decent one just then, and with land rover, all parts, paint and stuff iv bought myself, spraying, my mates and jake wrights garage labour, iv got to the grand total of £16,300 :oops::oops:

cheers kind sir, yes there are 2 like mine that have been on ebay from williams classics one for £10,000 and the other £15,000, iv just been looking on www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk

​and there is a hard top on there for £18,000. i know there is a difference with what people want for them to what there worth or what some one will pay, im in no rush and will find the right buyer one day. and im not greedy as its been a pleasure doing it, and have learnt a whole host of new skills along the way, you should see me with a grinder and the big hammer now :lol: :lol: