Garden multitools

fat_jay

I bought a screwfix one for light use. It suits its purpose for me. There were loads online with more hp and/or considerably cheaper. But screwfix was convenient and carries a 12 month warranty. Just remember to keep the receipt and exchange for a new one every 11 months!

I bought one from Lidl for £125. The spool on the strimmer broke the first time I used it. I got a replacement spool from Lidl in Germany, but they are very poorly designed. They are also available on ebay for around £10 each, so if it does break it's not the end of the world.

The actual power unit seems OK. I haven't tried the chainsaw or hedge trimmer yet, but looking at them they seem to be quite well made.

As Johnny says, if you are going to do a lot of work then a Stihl or a Husqvarna will be your best bet. For casual home use, I think they are worth the money. :good:

Top of its game in brush cutter and multi tool is echo not exactly cheap though I have a echo srm330 brush cutter now comming 13years old gets used a minimum of 6hrs every week and not have to replace anything other than a spool

Edited by littlerob

I bought a Nordstrom multi tool new from Ebay, with hedge trimmer and pole pruner/chainsaw attachments. I'm impressed with it so far, I've cut the hedge a couple of times and used the pole pruner quite a bit. It has got plenty of power and all the parts are available at reasonable prices.

I'm not usually a fan of Chinese built stuff, all my other two stroke kit is Stihl, but if its only for occasional use it will do the job. If you wanted it for professional use, look for something better