Sea fishing - what's being caught?

Doc Holliday

As said in another post, I'm getting back in to sea fishing after a number of years abstainence. I got in to watching a few videos on youtube and these have encouraged me to get back in to it. So, I have been and bought myself a new rod, sent the old off to get repaired (broken eye), spent a few quid on bits and pieces in general including new camping matress and some food in a bag (just in case). I'm sure there are some that would shout 'All the gear and still no idea' but hey, in for a penny in for a pound. I'm curious as to what's being landed. I've had a look at Seagull Tackle's beach report and not much by the look of it, but that doesn't bother me as it's about being close to nature and reconnecting with yourself. I'm seriously looking forward to it, and I think Mrs H is too, just to get me out of her hair for the night.

I haven't made my mind up where I'll go but somewhere between Dungeness and Newhaven. The tides look good, weather looks passable. The plan is to fish from just before low tide friday evening up until whenever (high tide is 0020 or there abouts), get a bit of shut eye and then fish the morning tide coming in too.

Anything happening Southwold.....Going there tomorrow for 4 days.

I've just had a week there. I love fishing for sole but the wind was against us. Had plenty of eels, small bass and six weaver fish in total.Mind how you take them off the hook, can give a nasty sting.

The weather has now calmed and it should fish nicely. Sea now carrying a bit of colour for sole. Fish in the dark, small size four hooks on old boy booms. Rag works the best. Try Angling Mad a Pakefield for excellent bait.