Ditchman has lost it ..completly !

ditchman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jobs a goodun ditchman. :good: When all the valves are assembled do you give each one a tap with the rubber mallet, or is it just me does it.

you are not the only one..........i put a piece of hardwood on them and smack it a few times (each one ) with a hammer......settles the pingphookets and makes the valve faces "bite" together.. :good:

I have read all of this thread and have thoroughly enjoyed it! :good:

+1, Fascinating! Great photo's too, makes it easy for a non technical bloke like me to understand.

If I had a piece of machinery that clean & well rebuilt I wouldn't want to get it dirty by starting it. Having said that, it must be so rewarding when it fires and runs for the first time. Video idea?

Ditchman, you've almost made me want a LR now.

Is Viking coming around to yours for Christmas?

i think he is !!! :lol: ...proberly bringing all the bits to weld up with him........the thing is his engine is not all that different from mine...and he is sending his away to be rebuilt

what i might do is post the final cost for this total rebuild.........i sold one of my guns that i didnt use anymore to fund it........and i will still have change..........what i do know is ...if i had bought all the parts from Landrover with "their" stamp on it ....it would be over £2000.00 ........and most of the parts im using are made and supplied by the same companies........Borg-warner clutch.....landrover supplied £400.00........same clutch from JSF..£132.00....the list goes on !!

i think he is !!! :lol: ...proberly bringing all the bits to weld up with him........the thing is his engine is not all that different from mine...and he is sending his away to be rebuilt

what i might do is post the final cost for this total rebuild.........i sold one of my guns that i didnt use anymore to fund it........and i will still have change..........what i do know is ...if i had bought all the parts from Landrover with "their" stamp on it ....it would be over £2000.00 ........and most of the parts im using are made and supplied by the same companies........Borg-warner clutch.....landrover supplied £400.00........same clutch from JSF..£132.00....the list goes on !!

if only you were closer :lol: you could rebuild mine and clean it, you are the master at cleaning :good:

if only you were closer :lol: you could rebuild mine and clean it, you are the master at cleaning :good:

no way !!.............you are doing a good enough job as it is.im / we are looking forward to the chassis coming and we will all be pea green with envy.........we will tell you now ...this is addictive ..and by the end of your re-build you will be looking at another one ...trust me i know :lol:

same head i think........................i finally bit the bullet this morning and took the turbo-charger apart........some of the nuts were rotted and had 2 snapped studs and checked the waste gate seat............i have taken 5 or 6 of these apart to re-build for people and they all are the same....3 little cracks in the waste gate seat.....they are shinkage cracks and soon get sooted up ...its not a problem as long as the cracks dont go thro to the main body of the charger...will post pics later.........

Waiting...................................................

you will have to wait a bit......havin to get food ready for later....roast chicken tonite loads of fresh sprouts with chestnuts mixed in and parsnips and stuffing....make the gravy with the strained dripping and vedgetable water with a spoonful of cranberry jelly mixed in.and 1/2 a sweated onion.............

going to have a beer now so my spelling will be even worse later..... :lol:

no way !!.............you are doing a good enough job as it is.im / we are looking forward to the chassis coming and we will all be pea green with envy.........we will tell you now ...this is addictive ..and by the end of your re-build you will be looking at another one ...trust me i know :lol:

chassis should of been here this week really, got told on Wednesday it "should" be this coming week,

gives me time for more sanding, sanding and more sanding :sad1: