BSA lighting or BSA supersport which do u like?

juwel-180

BSA lighting or BSA supersport which do u like?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. which would u pick if you where going to buy eather one?

• BSA lighting
    • BSA supersport

As some of you may know from my other topic "can i shoot woodies with a air rifle" i am looking to buy a air rifle. A lot of u suggested BSA for a good make and so this leads me to a next Q. I like the BSA lighting and the BSA supersport but i want to know which one you guys think is better for the money you pay.

You opinions would be great

Thanks

They're pretty much the same gun. The Lightning is just a prettier version with a carbine barrel, and you can get a Supersport carbine if you want. I think you get a built in mod (silencer) on the lightning. Get either. If a Lightning is inside your budget then get one, but otherwise a Supersport is a good gun and you can get a mod to fit later. Actually I have one in the attic from when I had my Supersport, if you end up with a carbine version send me your address and I'll post it to you :good:

I was thinking .177 would be easier for a beginner to shoot. Flat trajectory helps overcome the limited experience of range judgement and holdover/under. A minor range judgement mistake is less likely to cause a problem with shot placement, so kill rate should be better. :good:

thanks for the great help and the lightning looks to win. I plan to buy it from here in a pack http://www.airgunbuyer.com/Showproducts.as...gt;Vampir%20Kit but which kit would u go for : Lightning Hunter Kit or Lightning All-Rounder Kit this information would be great!

thanks

If you are going for the Lightning XL, then I would personally go with the All Rounder as this seems to have a scope that you would be able to use in more situations and it also has a larger objective lens, normally meaning it has better light gathering qualities.

As NJC has already mentioned, if you are just starting out, then I would go with .177. I'm a .177 person myself anyway, has a nice straigt trajectory and a pellet to the brain is going to roll it over, whether its .177 and .22 :good:

If it was me buying it, I'd go for the hunter kit. I don't like mil dot scopes much and the extra 4mm lens isn't going to make a huge difference to the light gathering ability. You save £30 too. I have 2 3-9x40 scopes, and both are good enough to shoot with until it's dark enough to start tripping over stuff because you can't see clearly. If you think you'll be doing a lot of shooting in near darkness I'd push for the low light setup, but you'll do fine with the standard £250 kit 99% of the time so I'd go for the cheaper option :good:

yeah, you are probably right about the light gathering njc but I personally prefer mill dot scopes a lot more. I think when you master the mill dot aim points at different ranges they come into there own. extra £30 just for mill dots is a littlew steep though lol.

Each to their own I guess. Either one will be a good kit for a beginner, so it's just down to the budget really. I thought the original price spec was £200, so I figured the extra £ for mil dots is pushing the boundries even more for a non essential option. As you said, an extra £30 for mil dots is a bit steep! :good: