3 inch vs 3&1/2 inch on the wash

hatsanmad

Hatsan, talyor your cartridges for the ranges you expect to use then at. If you are expecting long range shooting then go for the 3.5 inch stuff or use the 3 inch shells if you are expecting closer birds or shooting in bad light. Its The same yard if you are using them inland or on the coast.

Edited by anser2

Hi guys im about to do my first foreshore trip and im wondering how many just use 3in steel loads or is the 3&1/2 the better option? Iv used both cart lengths on inland flights. Im a bit stuck to which im best getting and sticking with. Any help advice is greatfully recieved.

Thanis very much guys

A Duck or Goose at say 40yrds is the same whether it's flying Inland or Foreshore.

Use the cartridges you are confident in and at the ranges you yourself are confident at a high percentage of clean kills.

Don't get believing you need heavier longer cartridges to be successful on the foreshore if you're normal kill percentage drops IMHO you are stretching your barrels.

Where some people struggle with Foreshore shooting is (1) not being able to shoot from cramped positions

(2) being able to quickly extract them self's from Sticky Mud which ( myself included ) at times results in a rangey shot as we/your to slow getting on your Quarry.

But most important of ALL be safe understand the tides and weather learn your Marsh and Never cross a creek you can't step over on a rising tide.

No Duck or Goose is worth your Life or somebody trying to help you out.

Injoy you're First trip

A Duck or Goose at say 40yrds is the same whether it's flying Inland or Foreshore.

Use the cartridges you are confident in and at the ranges you yourself are confident at a high percentage of clean kills.

Don't get believing you need heavier longer cartridges to be successful on the foreshore if you're normal kill percentage drops IMHO you are stretching your barrels.

Where some people struggle with Foreshore shooting is (1) not being able to shoot from cramped positions

(2) being able to quickly extract them self's from Sticky Mud which ( myself included ) at times results in a rangey shot as we/your to slow getting on your Quarry.

But most important of ALL be safe understand the tides and weather learn your Marsh and Never cross a creek you can't step over on a rising tide.

Injoy you're First trip

Couldn't of said it better myself

Injoy you're First trip

Sound advice. The only thing I'd say is that range is often more difficult to judge on the foreshore but as already said 40 yds is 40 yds wherever