Woodie feeding late

pavman

Got a call from Gamekeeper and Mrs P has agreed I can drop the paint brush (at long last) Rumours that Starlight had anything to do with it may or may not be true :good: but she took the bait that I was needed and thats all that matters, and before NTTF gets any ideas about calling Mrs p or Killer I have changed my P word ;)

The birds are hitting spring drillings and OSR and need to be seen to.

However, Woodie seems to be only taking an interest in feeding from late afternoon onwards in our area. Sometimes they are hitting the fields hard as late as 5pm onwards for just a 2 hr window. Reports from friends decoying them, say before this time is spasmodic, making crop protection difficult. I would be interested to know what Woodie is doing in other areas. We are getting a fair amount of morning mist and fog and they just dont like it and prefer to stay in the sitty trees, weather this is the only reason who knows.

cheers pavman

Got a call from Gamekeeper and Mrs P has agreed I can drop the paint brush (at long last) Rumours that Starlight had anything to do with it may or may not be true ;) but she took the bait that I was needed and thats all that matters, and before NTTF gets any ideas about calling Mrs p or Killer I have changed my P word :/

However, Woodie seems to be only taking an interest in feeding from late afternoon onwards in our area. Sometimes they are hitting the fields hard as late as 5pm onwards for just a 2 hr window. Reports from friends decoying them, say before this time is spasmodic, making crop protection difficult. I would be interested to know what Woodie is doing in other areas. We are getting a fair amount of morning mist and fog and they just dont like it and prefer to stay in the sitty trees, weather this is the only reason who knows.

cheers pavman

Been out today in Bedfordshire on OSR. Set up at about 8.30am. Pigeons suicidal!!

Came in all day with only a couple of short quiet spells. Packed up at 5.00pm and picked up 86 Woodies. :D

They were still coming in as I was picking up :good:

Around here they've recently been coming in after 5 o'clock generally, and busiest at 6 ish, 2 weeks ago we sat in the hide from 2 till half 6 and had by far the most shooting in the last hour.

Pavman,

I know we're not a million miles away from each other, but this last week whilst looking out onto the fields at the back of my house, I have noticed the same thing happening. Also 40 miles further down the A12, I can confirm this is the case as well, when I have been looking over the road from work (Its amazing what you do or don't as the case may be when you've handed your notice in :good: ).

The ones at work have been hitting it hard first thing in the moring and then I've not seen hide nor feather of them until about 5-5.30pm just as I think about going home, when they appear as if by magic.

I have a feeling that the last couple of weeks hot weather has had them sheltering in the middle of the day, and then coming out once it gets cooler :lol:

SS :lol:

Got a call from Gamekeeper and Mrs P has agreed I can drop the paint brush (at long last) Rumours that Starlight had anything to do with it may or may not be true :) but she took the bait that I was needed and thats all that matters, and before NTTF gets any ideas about calling Mrs p or Killer I have changed my P word :lol:

cheers pavman

Been out today in Bedfordshire on OSR. Set up at about 8.30am. Pigeons suicidal!!

Came in all day with only a couple of short quiet spells. Packed up at 5.00pm and picked up 86 Woodies. :good:

They were still coming in as I was picking up :D

You must be doing well. Set up at Toddington today at 8.30 and left at 1.00 only shot two pigeons....... to hot and birds not moving :lol:?:lol:?? :lol: