Eley lightning?

there deffo not the same vip steel is standard steel load ok for 70mm chamber,lighning steel is 76mm and requires steel proof to use safely and they kick like hell in my lanber game o/u.

You don't need a steel proofed gun to use these cartridges.

sorry motty but I beg to differ this box I have here is 36 gram lightning steel and clearly states gun needs to be proofed to 1320 bar which is steel proof.

It may say that on the box, but you don't need a steel proofed gun to use them. I use hp steel through two of my guns that aren't proofed for steel.

I've just bought some lightnings in 1's & 3's. Looking forward to trying them this weekend :yes:

well make sure they say lightning on the casing coz there has been loads sent out by mistake by eley hawk....they have put VIP game (steel) in no.3 in eley lightning boxes the dodo's I took mine back today got refund....by the way how much have you paid per 25 fella? Atb DT.

well make sure they say lightning on the casing coz there has been loads sent out by mistake by eley hawk....they have put VIP game (steel) in no.3 in eley lightning boxes the dodo's I took mine back today got refund....by the way how much have you paid per 25 fella? Atb DT.

Thanks for that, I'll double check what's in the boxes! Bet you were annoyed having to take them back...

I bought 125 at £10.80 per box