pigeon shooting

PURDEY 01

I think my back would give up after putting that lot down and then picking up plus your bag. Really I am sure this wil be backed up but it is down to what works for you.....if you put 35 out and get a good bag then carry on... personally it depends on the field and conditions for me....i prefer fewer decoys and more dead woodys....except in the summer 'casue I hate blown carcases so I tend to use more placstic decoy.

DFB

:good:

I always keep 2 or 3 Pigeon in the freezer.

I put these out on either my magnet or a flapper and a bouncer.

I also put out about 15 shells and a pecker.

As I shoot birds I put them out, taking in shells as I do so.

I don't like too many decoys/birds out, just enough to pull them in confidently.

I think my back would give up after putting that lot down and then picking up plus your bag. Really I am sure this wil be backed up but it is down to what works for you.....if you put 35 out and get a good bag then carry on... personally it depends on the field and conditions for me....i prefer fewer decoys and more dead woodys....except in the summer 'casue I hate blown carcases so I tend to use more placstic decoy.

DFB

:good:

Someone told me years ago, although I have never tried this that setting up dead birds for decoys using elder twigs keeps flies away. Have any members tried this.

i think it improves the day pigeon shooting

nath

me and lanber have had days where there are no birds for the for the rotary, slow very slow, put a couple of birds on and the day becomes most enjoyable

start with nothing Se how you get on[ mean no rotary]

Even though "there are no birds" and the day is "slow very slow", theres no need to shoot the birds you have put on the rotary"put a couple of birds on and the day becomes enjoyable" you will just get dizzy :good::wub::lol:

:good: D2D

• 2 months later...