Alright!

Hi, just registered as i stumbled across the forum by chance, good find me thinks :good:

A bit about me:

Im 19, live in Herefordshire and shoot pretty much anything. I was a beater on a local pheasant shoot for the first time last season and really enjoyed that - still haven't shot my first pheasant yet though as i had a broken wrist and missed both beaters days :lol:.

I shoot with a shotgun predominantly, and have had one since i was 12, that was an AYA 20g single barrel, now shoot with a Midland 12g O/U. Shot a lot of clays last year with my Girlfriend's dad as he's a keen shooter, and borrows a friends auto trap for most of the year. I've done more in the past 12 months than in the 6 years before that. I'm lucky to have friends and a Girlfiend with 200 acre + farms, so there's no shortage of shooting to be had, plenty of crows about too :good: Also shoot with a rifle, again with my Girlfriend's dad, who has a 22 and 17hmr - have shot rabbits quite successfully with the 17 this year, although we now have a minimum range.

Had my first experience of hide shooting a few weekends ago, shooting pigeons over decoys and a flapper on grass with freshly spread chicken litter. Shot 5, 3 of which i was happy with, the others were a bit unsporting -well if they will sit in trees above you :good:

Anyway, thanks for reading my essay of an introduction and I'm sure I'll have loads of questions for you all to ponder in the upcoming months.

Sam :good:

Welcome aboard! Dont you love it when your partner's family shoot/own farms. My partner has 4 or so farms and have introduced me into shooting (allowing me to use my air rifle) and are going to make sure i get "a proper gun", a shotgun. lol

Enjoy the site and the massive amounts of knowledge it holds!

Dan