best powders for you

George you will struggle compete with new cartridges arriving this week my local club is offering 28 gram 7.5 loaded in Spain ( not found the name yet ) for £140 per 1000 and that's retail including vat.

They will do for skeet at least

It costs me

£39 in powder

£42 in reclaimed shot

£16 in wads

£15 in reclaimed new primers

That's £112 per 1000

If I were to use new cases it would be cheaper to buy the cartridges rather than to reload

Surely there has to be a market going begging for cartridges that up until now with their premium prices don't reflect the smaller amount of components going into them. I'm talking about 20, 28gauge and .410 aswell as 24 gram 12gauge clay loads that some of us would prefer to shoot but find that 28gram equivalents are actually cheaper due to scale of production elsewhere.

George you will struggle compete with new cartridges arriving this week my local club is offering 28 gram 7.5 loaded in Spain ( not found the name yet ) for £140 per 1000 and that's retail including vat.

They will do for skeet at least

It costs me

£39 in powder

£42 in reclaimed shot

£16 in wads

£15 in reclaimed new primers

That's £112 per 1000

If I were to use new cases it would be cheaper to buy the cartridges rather than to reload

as I said before I am not really interested in cheap clay loads ask the maker to put 5 6 or 7 shot in he can as the 7.5 shot is near as you will get to the other prices of shot up to 3.3mm if that happens then there will be a price war I also can beat 140 inc vat and still make profit and put in 5 6 7 or owt you want but it would have to be big numbers and just blitz the job but I would do it for less than 1 million and then I would just be a busy fool maybe some thing to look at after February but then you are back to short brass and cheap lead but remember the euro is good at the moment if it shifts things then get dearer they are a good few things can happen with stunts like that I would want a confirmed order then I would buy in the swag but yes I could beat 140 and with quality components good luck

as I said before I am not really interested in cheap clay loads ask the maker to put 5 6 or 7 shot in he can as the 7.5 shot is near as you will get to the other prices of shot up to 3.3mm if that happens then there will be a price war I also can beat 140 inc vat and still make profit and put in 5 6 7 or owt you want but it would have to be big numbers and just blitz the job but I would do it for less than 1 million and then I would just be a busy fool maybe some thing to look at after February but then you are back to short brass and cheap lead but remember the euro is good at the moment if it shifts things then get dearer they are a good few things can happen with stunts like that I would want a confirmed order then I would buy in the swag but yes I could beat 140 and with quality components good luck

first weigh the lead dare to bet a fiver its not 28 gram or even 27.80 do the chop job on a couple and let all know be interesting

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A powder i just recently started to take an interest in again after the earlier versioon of it was discontinued over ten years ago now is B&P M92-S is a versatile powder works well in steel and lead and in quite a borad range of shot charges.

It did change though as i said, so be aware earler M92S was more progresive.

Edited by TONY R

thanks for that tony r all I wanted was to find out what people liked to shoot and the said powders involved and the easiness to get them in order to make the desired cartridge and price them accordinatley like I have said before nobody I know in the cart assembling is making a complete cart we are all buying the different parts like a car and putting them to gether but thanks for your input george