Eley Lightning Steel

Northumbrian Rebel

Hello all,

I tried Eleys Lightning Steel for the first time on Wednesday. I was impressed with the performance of them but when I picked up the empties I noticed that the primers on all of them had partially come out of the cases by varying distances (the gun is a gas operated semi auto).

I believe Eley had to recall some of these cartridges but I don't know why. Sent them an e mail on Wednesday night but so far no reply.

Just wondered if anyone else had come across this?

Cheers John.

The original shells were recalled due to pressures being to high the speed was 1640fps I have use 250 of the new ones and been realy impressed with them

1640fps !!!!!! I shot Lightening Steel 3 " 36g before they really became public. Killed well BUT I cronoed them as did several other shooters and they never ever made anywhere near the speed you have Quoted in fact they only just made 1400fps.

The 3" 32grm was supposed to be faster but I never tried nor put them over a Crono

Taken from original eley advert Eley Lightning Steel 3”

At 1,640ft per sec velocity 2½ metres from the gun’s muzzle end, these cartridges deliver a payload of 32g of 5 shot significantly faster than the competition.

1640fps !!!!!! I shot Lightening Steel 3 " 36g before they really became public. Killed well BUT I cronoed them as did several other shooters and they never ever made anywhere near the speed you have Quoted in fact they only just made 1400fps.

The 3" 32grm was supposed to be faster but I never tried nor put them over a Crono

they were using a 36g box in advert however may have been 32g never managed to get any before recall

they were using a 36g box in advert however may have been 32g never managed to get any before recall

Correct there advertising was totally WRONG as I stated 36 grms was well below the 1640fps and these was the Cartridges I thought the OP was enquiring about.

I know people ordered thousands but dropped out when they found the true speeds