Rifle scope

Chrissmith0881

I'm new into deer stalking and wondering what scope to get for a little all round use I have a budget of around £500 - £600 for now I know you get what you pay for and the more you spend the better optics you get and I can always upgrade in the future but for now that's it. I will be wanting to use this for some fox control too so your opinions will be helpful.

would advise picking up a quality second hand scope for your budget. i have just picked up a £1000 scope for stalking etc off this forum for just shy of the 500 mark. the scope is in excellent condition and was a leupold goldring so comes with a lifetime guarantee despite secondhand ownership. the member i purchased it from was very helpful. if buying second hand check guarantee on the scope as will give some peice of mind, most on forum very helpful and genuine. also check out the stalking directory.

£ 5 - 600 Should as most of above mentioned will get you a decent scope that will last you a life time. Avoid scope that are too busy, get the most expensive that you can afford. What you don't want to do is go out on your stalk (paid or not) get to where your Deer are only to loose sight of them because your scope is rubbish in low light.

anyone recommend good fox/deer scope? I was thinking of buying leupold scape..

cheers

d.

Leupold are on 2 of my rifles, 1 on 22.250 for NV the other on 17HMR. My Deer cal rifle I use a Swarovski 3-12x50 Z4i. There are 100s out there to choose from, your wallet will decide on your choice :yes:

If purely for Deer stalking a S&B or other good European 8x56 will be worth every penny and still leave you with change.

Agreed or a 7x 42, 7x50, Ziess, Swaro, S&B. All first class scopes but try and avoid german post rets, these are fine for stalking but trying to shoot a 300 yard crow with one is pretty hard.

A