Beneli nova or Winchester sxp?

flippermaj

Both those pumps will also throw empties about if you go for a fast second shot! The most useful for a find your empty competition is the Browning BPS which ejects downwards. I have a post near the end of the "pump club" thread which will put yu in touch with Davey and Co who will help. I have no connection with them except as a satisfied customer.

David.

Ditto for me.

You should also be aware that, although the SXP looks very similar to the Winchester SX3, you can't buy shims to alter the LoP or cast.

This might not be a problem for you, but I'm left-handed and tall, so I have to consciously remember to mount it differently from my SX3 (which is set up for a lefty!)

Apart from that, It's much better value and more reliable than my old SX3.

I'd recommend it to any right-handed shooter below 5'7'' :-)

Thinking of getting a pump as fed up trying to find the empties from my auto and one farmer is complaining about the empties left behind.

The sxp is fairly new on the market, how have folk got on with them?

Any nova users out there got any feedback.

Cheers

Mark

I shoot a SXP as a second gun for the price there hard to beat . there two main downfalls are heavy trigger pull and the forend forcing through your hand when wet or gloved . if you watch Chris greens latest trailer (think its on here somewhere) you can see it happening to him and it totally throws your pump cycle out and its made worse with magnum ammo

I had the super nova benelli it was worst gun I have had....mosberg for pumps but I looked at the sxp and for £325 brand new it is quality and the lad who works in the gun room said he swore by it!...personally I won't use a pump and I put money on it you go back to the auto...as for me I now use 3/12" o/u and I love it!!! Atb bud.

Hi Kalahari, I would have a BPS if they did a camo one in 3.5 ! That brand new wood one would soon be trashed after a few sessions in the mud with me, I need a camo one so it doesnt rust away and 3.5 inch is handy for the foreshore geese.

UK fowler, I am not too sure what you mean by the fore end slipping through your hands? Do you mean that on firing it starts to move back by itself, slipping through your grip?

Also how far does the SXP eject the carts, the SX3 chucks them out for miles!

Cheers

Hi Kalahari, I would have a BPS if they did a camo one in 3.5 ! That brand new wood one would soon be trashed after a few sessions in the mud with me, I need a camo one so it doesnt rust away and 3.5 inch is handy for the foreshore geese.

UK fowler, I am not too sure what you mean by the fore end slipping through your hands? Do you mean that on firing it starts to move back by itself, slipping through your grip?

Also how far does the SXP eject the carts, the SX3 chucks them out for miles!

Cheers

yes that is spot on if you go to the add on you tube for the sxp you will see flannagan shooting the 8 shot and he gives a demo of how the speedpump system will through a shell out without pumping as he shoots one handed.With mag ammo and wet hands the fore end slips through your grip and can eject the spent shell