Smart phone advice

Ollieollie

I've never had an iPhone but I've been using Windows Phone for several years and really like it. I've an Android work phone, hate it.

There is a definate app gap on Windows Phone though most popular apps exist, have an alterative or you can just use the browser. If you use a Windows PC / tablet & use Onedrive / Office then a WP makes good sense. Thats only going to get better with Windows 10 Mobile.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks, just what I needed to hear

I'm sick of my iPhone, not sure about the windows phones v android.

I like the ideal of accessing spreadsheets etc from my PC and amending them via the phone when onsite

Any recommendations?

The new windows 10 phones are coming with Continuum, which when you use a little dock you can connect keyboard, mouse and monitor and get a Windows (like) 10 desktop for working on

Saves lugging a full laptop around. There is only one model number announced - 945(with two variations - standard and xl) - currently priced at over £500 though and are available in about 1 week

I believe this feature wont be available to windows phones upgraded to windows mobile 10

hope that helps

Cheers

Steve

Ive got the iPhone 6, great bit of kit. The fingerprint recognition saves hours. You can use it to sign in to online banking and so on. I love the fact it saves all your passwords so you can just use auto fill instead of having to remember them all. The phone is a bit big to use one handed but is great in my 4 months of ownership. ARB 425

Can I ask a genuine 'non fanboy' question pleases

You've ordered a 5s which came out in 2013 and was at that point about 2 years behind the competition

I'm just wondering why? What goes through the mind of someone who must have that logo on the back?

Genuine question, like I said, its not my money, i honestly don't care about the 'my phones better than yours' mentality (I ran windows for 4 years, I'm used to the abuse)

I just can't for the life of me see the logic...

You've ordered a 5s which came out in 2013 and was at that point about 2 years behind the competition

I'm just wondering why? What goes through the mind of someone who must have that logo on the back?

Genuine question, like I said, its not my money, i honestly don't care about the 'my phones better than yours' mentality (I ran windows for 4 years, I'm used to the abuse)

As mentioned I have never had a smart phone before, still don't really want one but checking emails and general web access will be good for work, as for the model well it's similar to I pod/pad which I am familiar with and smaller than the 6.

It depends what you want it for, I still find my 4s does all I need. After all it's primarily a phone and size wise fits a pocket well, surfs the net fine and that's about all it gets used for. Then you get the fact it was free on a fairly cheap tariff.