grass(its not what you think)

Mrs Sweepy

look on forums and you do not have a garden section .so here gos. me and mr sweepy used to have a lovely garden . many a evening was spent in the garden entertaining our friends and neighbours (sorry neighbours) .theirs nothing better then sitting outside with your nearest and dearest on a warm summer evening and watching the sunset.mmmm . but those barmly summer evenings are no more :good: .WE HAVE DOGS. my wooden seats have been chewed . i have no bushes. and the grass is just dust and dirt.so please is there any hope for my garden .WILL MY GRASS GROW AGAIN. am i the only one on here with dogs. whos garden looks like a desert . and if it do grow back. now i have dogs will this be the same every springtime .any suggestion . getting rid of dogs is not a option.xxxx(crying in among chewed rose bushes )suzy :good::good::lol:

look on forums and you do not have a garden section .so here gos. me and mr sweepy used to have a lovely garden . many a evening was spent in the garden entertaining our friends and neighbours (sorry neighbours) .theirs nothing better then sitting outside with your nearest and dearest on a warm summer evening and watching the sunset.mmmm . but those barmly summer evenings are no more :good: .WE HAVE DOGS. my wooden seats have been chewed . i have no bushes. and the grass is just dust and dirt.so please is there any hope for my garden .WILL MY GRASS GROW AGAIN. am i the only one on here with dogs. whos garden looks like a desert . and if it do grow back. now i have dogs will this be the same every springtime .any suggestion . getting rid of dogs is not a option.xxxx(crying in among chewed rose bushes )suzy :good::good::lol:

if i remember rightly there is something in dogs (esp bitches) that kills grass! Ask NTTF about magic tips to stop dogs chewing furniture and you could always install decking? Or seperate the garden so the dogs have a section and then you have a closed section for bbq's, entertainment etc. As for plants, you could always move to a more meditarian style garden and have the raised flower beds might keep the dogs off and have more resiliant plants!

Hope that helps (ps my gardening skills dont exist just listened to dad ramble for years),

Dan

the yard for the dog, garden for yourselves, the way its always been in our house, i don't let any dog up the garden ******** where my kids, grand kids go and play, plus in the summer i want a place after a hard days work to go relax and drink beer, as for any hope, build a fence with a gate, dogs one side, you and Mr sweepy the other, job done both parties happy :good:

i took up all my grass and layer of membranie then 4tons of granite gravel :good: no mud when its wet :good:

The pups haven't chewed any of my garden furniture, we gave them plastic bottles etc to chew on

Sounds like to late for you Mrs Sweepy :good: u'll have to MOVE HOUSE lol

Bry

the yard for the dog, garden for yourselves, the way its always been in our house, i don't let any dog up the garden ******** where my kids, grand kids go and play, plus in the summer i want a place after a hard days work to go relax and drink beer, as for any hope, build a fence with a gate, dogs one side, you and Mr sweepy the other, job done both parties happy :good:

:good::good:

when we had one newfoundland we had grass. lovely and thick it was. even when we got our second newf.... we still had grass. -sighs contentedly whilst remembering-

and then i go and get the bright idea of getting another two pups within a couple of weeks of each other. and then it was grass no more. ~sigh~

it got to a stage when the grass never had time to recover. it was dust and dirt in the summer, and a big muddy quagmire in the winter. not that the dogs minded. all manner of fun can be had by rolling in inches of the stuff. -rolls eyes-

so we (ermmm....... ok i lied), SCAFFY ended up fencing off a section of the grass that was going to be landscaped for 'two leggies only'. the dogs only have access to the patio out the back now. and boy the kitchen gets less hammering than it used to, and there is much less dust lying around.

however..... this impressive landscaped garden? pfffft. it more resembles an overgrown country meadow. soon, even the strimmer wont be able to deal with the undergrowth. it'll be chainsaws and a summer's worth of felling trees :good::good::good:

i recommend, if you dont have enough garden to have separate human and doggy sections - forget about the grass. read this and weep. amongst the chewed rose bushes of course.

but i have seen dogs in other peoples gardens and they have grass ?????? xxx( laying in the dust and crying like a baby) suzy

It tis that evil little ****** of a clumber doing it :good: Once again I will agree to take the little blitter on to train while your grass grows lovely and green under the very pleasant springer. :good: If I fail to reform him I will be sure to keep him close to me to remind me of my failure :(

Try to keep them off it when it is wet the ground that is as this is when most of the damage is done. Teach them to use one spot for the washroom....best if you make it a peastone gravel area.....this will eliminate the urin burns. Also get some of the stones for the water buckets that help to turn the urin to a base.....can not remember name of them , but I am sure someone will.

As for the furniture.....get out the hottest hot sauce that you can and either spray or wipe some on their favourite chewing spots. This usually stops them dead in their tracks from playing with anything other than their toys..........Unless they happen to be like Jake , my greyhound cross, who loved hot sauce :/ the hotter the better, the old boy would also go through the garden and pick the hot peppers off the plants every chance he got :lol:;):D , maybe that is why he could run with the wind :lol:???:P

NTTF

P.S.

I still think you should send the Clumber to me though :/:good:

but i have seen dogs in other peoples gardens and they have grass ?????? xxx( laying in the dust and crying like a baby) suzy

It tis that evil little ****** of a clumber doing it :good: Once again I will agree to take the little blitter on to train while your grass grows lovely and green under the very pleasant springer. :good: If I fail to reform him I will be sure to keep him close to me to remind me of my failure :(

Try to keep them off it when it is wet the ground that is as this is when most of the damage is done. Teach them to use one spot for the washroom....best if you make it a peastone gravel area.....this will eliminate the urin burns. Also get some of the stones for the water buckets that help to turn the urin to a base.....can not remember name of them , but I am sure someone will.

As for the furniture.....get out the hottest hot sauce that you can and either spray or wipe some on their favourite chewing spots. This usually stops them dead in their tracks from playing with anything other than their toys..........Unless they happen to be like Jake , my greyhound cross, who loved hot sauce :/ the hotter the better, the old boy would also go through the garden and pick the hot peppers off the plants every chance he got :lol:;):D , maybe that is why he could run with the wind :lol:???:P

NTTF

P.S.

I still think you should send the Clumber to me though :/:good:

lol my cocker pup started chewing the doorframe so mum thought "right will soon stop that and get some puppy spray". Off she goes, sprays it on the door and thinks thats that. Next thing the dog is licking up the stuff! She bloody loves it :(

but i have seen dogs in other peoples gardens and they have grass ???:/ xxx( laying in the dust and crying like a baby) suzy

As for the furniture.....get out the hottest hot sauce that you can and either spray or wipe some on their favourite chewing spots. This usually stops them dead in their tracks from playing with anything other than their toys..........Unless they happen to be like Jake , my greyhound cross, who loved hot sauce ??? the hotter the better, the old boy would also go through the garden and pick the hot peppers off the plants every chance he got :lol:;):D , maybe that is why he could run with the wind :lol:???:P

NTTF

P.S.

I still think you should send the Clumber to me though :( :good:

friend of mines dog youst to eat **** so they spread English mustard on it, it ate that as well :/

naddan28 tried that stuff when our bell ate everything in site, her beds, the door rubbers, THE FENCE, her kennel, stopped the biting of the kennel and fence by putting plasterers angle bead on all the edges, that stopped the little ****, that spray don't work

These do:

http://www.hotsauceworld.com/hottest-hot-sauce.html

:good::good::good:

naddan28 tried that stuff when our bell ate everything in site, her beds, the door rubbers, THE FENCE, her kennel, stopped the biting of the kennel and fence by putting plasterers angle bead on all the edges, that stopped the little ****, that spray don't work

These do:

http://www.hotsauceworld.com/hottest-hot-sauce.html

:good::good::lol:

no need know mate she is as good as gold :good:

she has no teeth from chewing all that angle bead ;)

:good:

For you Mrs Sweepy

CONCRETE

It never needs cutting.

Dog deposits are easilly collected.

No more muddy footprints on your carpets.

You can paint it green if you want.

Need I say any more?

I have done almost the same as above but with astro turf not the green groccer dodgy gear but the real deal cost a liitle bit. Mine was a 6x4 meter area to be covered and for just under £300 will never have to worry ever again :lol:;) about the rotty's misshaps and the sodden wet mud that we used to call a lawn. :good::good:

My garden is just recovering after our dog went. He was never intentionaly destructive, well most of the time, he just used to go through the plants rather than round them to get his toys or have a sniff.

In the summer he used to have a nibble on the bedding plants so in the end I didn't bother growing any. Ornamental grasses were a favorite along with the herb garden, oh and digging through to next door to steal their dogs toys.

Still miss him though.