Driven day of 100 birds Gloucestershire.

JDog

I thoroughly enjoyed everything about the day. Well, save perhaps for the shockingly poor etiquette displayed on the last drive. But more of that in SABS report I'm sure. Those of you wanting to shoot next year will be relieved to know I've squared things with the owner and he won't hold it against us. In fact he said he would be delighted to have us back, particularly as some of us made sure he still has plenty of birds left.

My job was to enable the day to take place. But I can't resist also offering some teasers as to what could appear in the write up, so.........

(With a nod to that thread about 'sitters'). Who was it that missed the half dead bird in the tree ?

Will the video show whether OJW did shoot that bird at the same time as his neighbour?

Why are 7,000 pigeons currently trying to quiz that first pheasant that flew towards PCs peg

How long did we have to delay the start of the 1st drive to get JDogs heart rate back down?

Who shot the bird of the day ??

Just like everyone knows where they were when JFK was assassinated/ when the twin towers came down on 9/11 / when England won the World Cup etc etc, a lucky few of us will always be able to recall where we were when PC shot his first pheasant. Save for Lloydi of course, as his peg appeared to be 200 feet lower than anybody else's so am not sure he could see anything.

Edited by SNS

I had forgotten about somebody missing a "sitter" :lol: what happened to the team talk at breakfast :no::lol:

My write up is complete (well the first draft anyway, it needs a touch of editing as I add the pictures). I really hope you like reading :ninja:

One of the birds of the day doesn't actually count, as it was illegal at the time, hence why it wasn't added to the game card :lol:

Sorry for the late posting.....

However, what an incredible day, from start to finish the day couldn't be bettered. A big thank you to SNS for the meticulous well organised shoot, the breakfast meeting and the warmest of hospital diners at his house prepared by his lovely wife......The shoot itself was a magnificent flush with bountiful bouquets of pheasants that just kept coming and coming....I'll rely on your excuses made for me and the first of my pegs being sub-terrainian lol, well that's the excuse and not my poor shooting anyway.....but peg two, I couldn't load the gun quick enough, I swear at least 30 birds came straight over my head, peg 3 in the woods was a little less in the offering as they seemed to prefer J dog's gun and peg 4 again abundance of non stop overhead pheasants.

J Dog has volunteered to organise the next shoot and boy has he got some living up to SNS to do, and don't worry J Dog, I will come armed to reciprocate the banter back on you:)

The general mix of company added to the day with 8 very different yet very amicable people coming together for the first time, luckily with J Dog's sense of humour we had no special precious lovies :) the urine was extracted with complete dignity and with no body spared or escaping.

I look forward to next years repeat performance........

ATB

Lloydi

• 3 months later...

Right Chaps, the shoot have been in contact and would be delighted to have us back.

I think they would prefer a 175 bird day @£5,600 for the team, but as we made such an impression (?) they are also willing to do a 100 bird day @£3,400 instead / as well.

Expressions of interest will do for now and once I know we are likely to fill the day I will pin them down to some dates - they are flexible just now as are trying to pull everything together but give priority to those who have been previously.

As I'm shooting JDogs Lincolnshire spectacular I shall obviously ensure this one does not clash

Right Chaps, the shoot have been in contact and would be delighted to have us back.

I think they would prefer a 175 bird day @£5,600 for the team, but as we made such an impression (?) they are also willing to do a 100 bird day @£3,400 instead / as well.

Expressions of interest will do for now and once I know we are likely to fill the day I will pin them down to some dates - they are flexible just now as are trying to pull everything together but give priority to those who have been previously.

As I'm shooting JDogs Lincolnshire spectacular I shall obviously ensure this one does not clash

I am very keen for either. If there is any chance of having either day on a Saturday that would be brilliant. I understand that these are normally reserved for larger days, 175 would probably tick the box maybe 100 if we made a good impression last time. I'm already asking work for a couple of days off for Jdog's Lincolnshire Spectacular and it would be preferable not to have to request more as I'll only just have started. If not, then I will do my best.

To anyone who hasn't shot with SNS before, he is a fantastic host and a good laugh.

Edited by OJW