"Master" make side by side

Wingman

A typical Spanish sxs non ejector I take it eibar of Spain correct me if I'm wrong a robust shotgun properly half and full choke

i had a master for a short time....very plain boxlock...but VERY WELL MADE.....it had i think 30" barrells very tight choked........

I owned one a number of years ago. I really liked it but had to get rid when it discharged when I put the safety off.

I used it for everything from pheasants to duck (it was before the lead ban here in ni). Really liked it.

Edit to say I have a photo of mine after my last duck flight with lead shot - I'll try to find it and post it.

Edited by Big Al

I have a Spanish Master side by side shotgun which I bought brand new from a gun shop in Norwich in the mid seventies, and the gunsmith told me that they were made by Ugartechea. It's a very plain gun with a bright steel action with no engraving at all, non ejector and half and full choked barrels. It's given good service as general purpose gun on a smallholding for pigeon and rabbit control.

Have recently used it for a bit of clay shooting and sometimes after a lot of shots the right barrel does not fire due to a very light strike from the firing pin.

All the descriptions certainly apply to my gun. Plain silver action choked 3/4 and full (if I have read the barrel marking correctly). It seems a nicely made well balanced gun and mine is nearly mint apart from the stock which is a little tired. Haven't shot it yet but hoping to do so soon. Should I use any specific type of cartridge although the gun has 70mm Chambers it's proofed to 900KG seems to imply that lower pressure cartridges would be a better idea also given its age as well?