Back in the game!

Tedly47

Well gents after a three week shooting ban due to a injured hand I'm happy to say I'm back!

Today started as usual with the children getting up stupidly early and Mrs Tedly refusing to budge (gods knows how many times I elbowed her!) so I sorted the children out and then had a look on PW to see what you lot had been up too........ Along with the knowledge of my best shooting mate was out on a driven day today and seeing some of your pictures it was the last straw.....

So at lunch time I set off to a perm just two minutes down the road, to be honest I was worried how my hand would react to the recoil as I had three screws put in my little finger due to smashing it up at work... This pic was the other day when they took the bandage off....

post-66769-0-94386100-1450557340_thumb.jpeg

As you can see it's quite a long incision for such a small finger!

Anyway when I got to the perm it was nice and windy with the odd shower, I could see plenty of pigeon dancing above the trees so I decided to got a stand under a large oak about half a mile away... While walking to the spot I managed to spook about six cock pheasants however they were a bit far away (well I'm not Dave Carrie) however ten more yards and I spooked another.... First kill of the day and my hand felt fine, dropped stone dead at a paced out 55 yards... To say I was happy was an understatement as I was moving fast in the wind and crossing from right to left ?

Next was the squirrel which just happened to be in the oak that I wanted to stand under, within seconds of the squirrel I spooked another hen pheasant, not a hard shot this time but still paced out at 40 yards... So that's three for three and my hand was spot on.. Then a pigeon flew over the tree (known flight line) four for four...!post-66769-0-04670100-1450558319_thumb.jpeg

By this time it had started to pee it down so I decided to call it a day, doesn't end there though! on the walk back to the car another pigeon came a little to close, nailed him with the second barrel.

So I ended the day with a brace of pheasant, two pigeons and a squirrel for six shots and as I sit here with a beer typing this my had has suffered no I'll affects......... Happy days..........

Last photo was just because it was peeing it down outside and have you ever tried to take a picture with a touch screen phone when it's raining!

post-66769-0-99196500-1450558877_thumb.jpeg

Oh and this is my six year old Charlotte, to say she's ace is an understatement, "daddy can I put my shooting clothes on and have a picture too?" How could I say no...

post-66769-0-52567100-1450559277_thumb.jpeg

post-66769-0-38237300-1450559359_thumb.jpeg

Cheers guys...

Tedly

Great write-up and pictures Tedley.

Pleased your hand stood up the the gun recoil - but don't over do it to soon, as you need to be on form for your driven day with my syndicate after Xmas

Brilliant report mate, glad your out and about again. Good shots and photos. Hello Charlotte.

U.

Brilliant result and story and great photos for the family album of the shooting princess. Glad that your repaired hand stood up to the test , no stopping you now.

As already said. Great write up and pics Tedly.

Really glad your hand wasn't affected whilst shooting and that you've got such a keen little shooting buddy.

Cheers guys it's good to be back........

I've had similar sugery to my right hand (broke down the length of the bone through the knuckle ) I think it's called a boxers fracture

It's quite painful and you can't see it getting better but do your exercises and DON'T over do it and you'll be fine mine was done about 15 years ago and it's about 95% of what it was previously so all in not a bad result hang in there you're young it'll be fine before you know it