license revoked

jacob w h

A tutor at my college has just had his SGC revoked after 31 yrs due to mental health problems after a divorce with his wife, the wife even got his dog. Will he be able to get his license back or is it gone forever?

If he can prove that he is over the clinical depression then they will give him his SGC back, but they will check over his medical records and act on his doctors recommendations ;)

Erm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ive been refered to a "counsellor" after having a bit of a difficult time after we lost 2 babies. This was because of a load of stuff going on at work and they wanted me to "talk" to someone. I went to my doctors and said what was going on and he reffered me to the local "service".

Should I contact my FLO and let them know.

I wouldnt say that Im depressed.......................but then again, Im not a shrink.........

When I divorced the pressure of paying solicitors bills, the CSA, and just trying to live, drove me to deep depression to the extent that I lost my job and ended up being in the mental health ward for a couple of days.

But that was 13 yrs ago, but my FEO still asked about it when he visited in December (2006). Obviously it's not a problem now, but I questioned him on its relevance and he said that so long as it wasn't too recent and that I'm fully recovered then it's OK.

I must admit that by 'too recent' I got the impression of a year or two. But having been hospitalised for it, and requiring pharmacutical help for a while after that, the time span wouldn't be surprising.

If your friends not as serious as that then he may get it back after maybe 6 months, but I am guessing here. He has held his licence previously for 31 years, mine was a new application, so his 'heritage' should stand him in good steed I would have thought.

I wish him luck though, for both his licence and his marital problems.

Bit of a ****** this one.

My own view is that if there is anything wrong with you, the last place you want to be is your doctor's surgery.

So many people want access to your medical records these days - insurers, employers, police etc. and the slightest sniff of anything wrong with you and you are knackered on so many different levels.

Erm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ive been refered to a "counsellor" after having a bit of a difficult time after we lost 2 babies. This was because of a load of stuff going on at work and they wanted me to "talk" to someone. I went to my doctors and said what was going on and he reffered me to the local "service".

Should I contact my FLO and let them know.

I wouldnt say that Im depressed.......................but then again, Im not a shrink.........

You have a PM ;)

I can see their point, but only so far. It should really be based on each individual case. EVERYBODY gets depressed to a degree, I know I do but despite the odd urge to "go postal" which I can surpress without medication I like to think I could hold down an FAC.

However the case for the prosecution can be summed up in two words. "Ted Moult".

Surely this type of reaction is likely to cause more issues in the long, how many people who live for shooting would go to the doctor knowing the risk of losing your ticket?

I would think most would suffer in silence, and be more likely to do something rash if they dont get the right kind of care?

I suffered from anxiety for a period of time, and i must admit, i couldnt have been dragged to the doctor!

I can see their point, but only so far. It should really be based on each individual case. EVERYBODY gets depressed to a degree, I know I do but despite the odd urge to "go postal" which I can surpress without medication I like to think I could hold down an FAC.

However the case for the prosecution can be summed up in two words. "Ted Moult".

Did ted moult shoot himself, just googled it and it says he took his own life. Didn't have a clue who he was prior to this thread.

Did ted moult shoot himself, just googled it and it says he took his own life. Didn't have a clue who he was prior to this thread.

Yes, he became depressed after a career in high pressure double glazing sales.